Spring Break

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

HSUgirl
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Spring Break

Post by HSUgirl » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:43 am

I didn't know where to post this so I decided to post this here. I am so ready for spring break because I get to go to Gulfport, Mississippi to help out with clean up and to put up sheetrock and anything that needs to be built. I think our group will have lots of fun but it will be alot of hard work. We really don't know what to expect when we get down there to do work. Our leaders told us since you have to cut sheetrock with a utility knife that we all needed a utility knife and some other things. I am kind of worried about having a utility knife on me or even buying one. I am affraid if I buy one I will do something stupid with it. I was wondering what yall thought I should do? I want to keep myself from harms way. Since I need one but I am sure many of the people there that is with us will have one that I can borrow to cut sheetrock with. I would love for yalls input. TTYL Tiffany

gerald
building community
building community

Post by gerald » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:03 am

I would imagine that if they say you need a utility knife, you need a utility knife. It's problematic for a work crew to have tools that everyone will need at some time or other that are floating around.

I wonder whether it would help to decorate the knife (I know they're small) in some way so that it has meaning as a souvenir of this spring break and the important work you're doing, so that using it on yourself would be putting bad memories on it?

HSUgirl
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by HSUgirl » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:58 pm

That is a good idea. Well there is going to be like 50 of us all with utility knifes so I am sure that no all of us will be using the one at the same time because some of us will be doing other things such as demolition and other things. TTYL Tiffany

ebmcs
creating your space
creating your space

Post by ebmcs » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:59 am

How did it go? :)
Psalm 91, 107, 139

"Hungry, I come to you for I know you satisfy. I am empty, but I know Your love does not run dry. <br>And so I wait for you. Jesus, you're all this heart is living for. <br>Broken, I run to You for Your arms are open wide. I am weary, but I know Your touch restores my life."<p>

visit <a href="http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php? ... tart=0">my place</a>

HSUgirl
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Gulfport, Mississippi Mission trip

Post by HSUgirl » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:30 am

Hey everyone,

The Gulport mission trip was awesome. I had alot of fun and that was the first time I've ever been to Mississppi or even been to the beach. We got to go play in the sand on the beach there one night it was awesome. I was tempted one night to harm myself. But because there was so many people there. There was our group and like 140 other people there I wasn't able to harm myself. I am sure if I wanted to bad enough I probably could have, but... I was so affraid someone would find out. It was all good in the end. I just felt very sad for the people there. Because it was worst than I could have ever imagined there. TTYL Tiffany

balletomane
one of us
one of us

Post by balletomane » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:23 pm

Hi Tiffany. I'm really glad your trip went well. It sounds like you were doing some very valuable work. You should be proud of yourself. :redstar: