I want to be proud of myself today

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Emma Wallace
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

I want to be proud of myself today

Post by Emma Wallace » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:52 am

I read the other thread, the one about how I'm proud of myself today, and I want to be, but I'm feeling miserable right now.

I ate breakfast today, I got a full night's sleep three nights in a row, I finished 2 major projects on time though I missed the due date for a smaller one tonight, I haven't cut in a while, not since before I joined here. I don't keep track exactly, but it's been a few weeks.

All things I could be proud about, but so what? It's not enough. I feel like I'm living in a cage and when I think about it I start to cry.
-E

ebmcs
creating your space
creating your space

Post by ebmcs » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:54 am

Just wanted to let you know I read.... I can relate to that feeling sometimes. But I've found that if I keep writing down the positive things and the happy things, eventually one day down the road I can feel the joy from them all ??? if that makes sense, as I look back on all of the good things that have happened. Might not feel much at the moment, but later on I'm glad that I saved them.

If nothing else, just recognizing that it's good can be beautiful even if you still feel yucky...

It's a journey!
Psalm 91, 107, 139

"Hungry, I come to you for I know you satisfy. I am empty, but I know Your love does not run dry. <br>And so I wait for you. Jesus, you're all this heart is living for. <br>Broken, I run to You for Your arms are open wide. I am weary, but I know Your touch restores my life."<p>

visit <a href="http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php? ... tart=0">my place</a>

Emma Wallace
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by Emma Wallace » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:55 am

Thanks for reading. On a tangent, I think I recognise both your psalms, I think I have sung both of them, though I can only recall the tune for the first right now, and they are beautiful.