now longer having it

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

star*
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

now longer having it

Post by star* » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:28 pm

How do you cope with no longer having si in your life. how do you replace it with another coping method? im trying to stop si'ing. and its going well. but i havent found anything to replace it with. when im feeling bad i still want to si. its still the first thing i think of and i dont want it to me. i have to remind myself that its bad just so i wont do it. but then i think why is it bad? im sorry this doesnt make much sense. i just dont know how to cope with not si'ing.
"Did you have a happy childhood?" is a false question. As a child I did not know what happiness was, and whether I was happy or not. I was too busy being.

Green Beauty
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Green Beauty » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:59 pm

What are your reasons for wanting to SI? It's all well and good stopping (i appluade you for that) yet if the issues behind your self harm have not been tackled you will always have the urges. (well most of the time anyway).

Omnia vincit amor
Member of the Welcome wagon
Shh be quiet, You might piss somebody off
Proud member and loyal spoon of OATS - Oldies Against Text Speak
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
Skipping and a jumping, In the misty morning fog with, Our hearts a thumpin' and you, My brown eyed girl

Digitalis
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by Digitalis » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:43 am

SI is a sympton of something else, once you solve that then the urges will subside. SI never stands alone, it;s a sigh of a proublem, not the proublem. Best advice maybe talk therapy can help you find the proublem if you don't know it already then you can start from there.
Life's complicated.
*hugs* + Me = always
micro-chipped mental cyber twins taking over NewZealand... Then South America.