Need help

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Do
one of us
one of us

Need help

Post by Do » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:23 pm

Hi! I'm here for the first time and need some information. My parents found out about my SI few months ago and since I didn't stop they are seriously thinking about sending me to one of the hospitals. I really don't want to go but can't go against my parents. Has anybody ever been to any of those facilities? What do they do there? I heard about locking up, being under constant watch.

balletomane
one of us
one of us

Post by balletomane » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:10 am

I have not been to an inpatient treatment program myself, but several members here have.

These programs can be immensely helpful. Do some research. Figure out what kinds of programs are available to you. Some programs are partial or day programs where you continue to live at home and spend part of the day at the treatment center participating in group therapy, individual therapy, etc. Others, you live at the center. There are a lot of options. There are also a lot of options for outpatient care that you should explore as well.

Good luck.

:star: