Question--

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Jessica
one of us
one of us

Question--

Post by Jessica » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:47 pm

The other night a few of my friends and I were at my boyfriend's house and my friend wanted me to dye her hair. So I asked my boyfriend if he had any old shirts we could wear and all he had were short sleeves. I told him I needed a long sleeve shirt and he knew damn well why, but my friend doesn't know about my si and she asked why, so I told her because I'd be cold, and she took that and thankfully she didn't push it. When my boyfriend and I left the room for her to change I told him I couldn't wear short sleeves and he realized why and flipped out, he gets so mad and doesn't understand why I do it, and he threw a fit and threw ones of his good shirts at me and swore and just acted like an idiot. I ended up just wearing what I had on and being extra careful with the hair dye. I'm so grateful that my friend didn't ask anything about it because I know it all looked really suspicious. I guess my question is, should I have handled this situation differently, and how? What if my friend had kept pushing it and asking why I needed long sleeves?

Toxicbex
settling in
settling in

Post by Toxicbex » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:54 pm

Can't you talk to your boyfriend and try your hardest to explain why you SI? I know it's hard for people who don't SI to understand, but there's always a chance he might understand. I think you handled the situation very well and it was good that your friend didn't push you for why.
Yes, it's true. I have a belly button fetish! They're so CUTE! ^_^

OOGA BOOGA

My LJ | My Place | My MySpace | The Shizz