What helps you cope with SU feelings?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Nazgul
bus addict
bus addict

What helps you cope with SU feelings?

Post by Nazgul » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:23 am

'K right now I'm feeling SU, and I was wondering, how do people make their way through this without having to go IP? In the past I've always ended up IP and I want this time to be different.
:snail:
"If I owned Texas and hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in hell." ~Former US Senator, on touring Texas in the 1800s

*hugs are ALWAYS welcome*

*SI free July 22, 2006-October -November 5, 2010*
*SI free since April 28, 2012*

pretty
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by pretty » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:43 pm

I try to see what's behind the su feeling.

Why is it you feel life's too much? Why does it feel too hard to go on? What's making you feel like death is a better option?

If I can answer those sorts of questions, I can deal with what's behind the su feeling. It doesn't make it go away in the short term, but it helps me to see that I don't really want to die, I just want for the bad things to go away, I want to escape my life and have a rest. There is always a way to deal with the things making you feel su, they're often not easy, but there is always a choice and it's worth fighting. Try to remember that.

I try to take care of myself, do things which take my mind off it like reading, do relaxing things and generally make sure I am at least physically comfortable.

Hang in there. I hope it gets easier for you soon.
'this is what she says gets her through it,
"if I don't let myself be happy now, then when?"' - jimmy eat world

place