body changin

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

shellchick91
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

body changin

Post by shellchick91 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:04 pm

Im havin trouble copin w/ my body changein...like i'm gainin weight again and it sucks b/c i can't keep the weight off.i don't know wat will happen if i gain it all back and i'm totally not confe w/ my body changing...my doctor diagnosed me w/ Adjustment Disorder...

Shells
down my cheeks the tears do flow,
my heart broken with grief
my skin mangled with scars i bare
come kind night....
please take my thoughts and prayers

balletomane
one of us
one of us

Post by balletomane » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:47 am

Hi Shells. Coping with change is tough. I hope you find some good advice here. :heart:

Tamrick
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Tamrick » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:43 pm

It is hard to deal with any changes and probably body changes are one of the hardest. Usually though it points to the fact that you may not have accepted your body at any stage. One exercise we did at a clinic I went to was to take a shower and examine everything while you were showering - how the taps looked and the soap and so on and then gradually include yourself and your body while you were doing it. Look at your skin and describe it and how the soap washes over it. Usually then you concentrate so hard on remembering all the details and just accepting them that you accept yourself. Start small - look at your fingers and imagine how fantastic they are. When you can accept yourself you can loook at the body changes and decide whether they are healthy and acceptable or whether you do need to work on them. Good luck.
“A Sunrise is God's way of saying, "Let's start again.”
― Todd Stocker

nirvana
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by nirvana » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:58 am

hey shells. :D i'm not really coherent right now, but i thought i'd suggest the "please be healthy" forum. it's member's only, but you can find great support if you're trying to lose weight, learn healthier eating habits, or just become comfortable with your body. good luck with everything.

:heart:
i thought i was a fool for no one, but baby i'm a fool for you.

[safe since february 2005.]