4 Months Today

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Tori1989
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

4 Months Today

Post by Tori1989 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:55 pm

I haven't SI'd for 4 months! It seems like forever. Ive been pretty good with coping with urges recently, the only thing thats kinda bothering me is that my scars are fading. I'm so used to them being there, and for some strange reason, can find them quite comforting. They've never been very obvious, but now you have to really stare to see them. I'll be lost if they go completely, I don't feel ready to lose them quite yet. Wow that sounds silly :oops:
:star: 1 Year SI Free :star:

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:03 pm

Firstly, well done for 4 months! Thats an amazing achievement and you should be very proud of yourself :blush:

It doesnt sound silly, i was just looking at mine today and thinking the same thing, so i know how you feel. I guess SI has been such a big part of our lives and has been help/comfort to us when we have been feeling down that if they go then it will be like we dont have that anymore if we need it, but keep remembering that now you have other coping methods that are healthier for you and you can use those now to help you feel better instead of resorting to SI.

Take care

Aly
beyond inspiring
beyond inspiring

Post by Aly » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:43 pm

Well done for 4 months -- thats incredible!!

I went through the EXACT same thing when I was about 3-4 months sif...
When I was still in my siing phase, if I didnt have anything to si with, my scars would offer some comfort...
But, you get used to them not being there, and for me, I had urges where I wanted to si, just so I could have a scar...you just have to fight through any urges you get like that, and try to stay positive...

Anyway, I hope you cary on fighting urges well...

Take care

DirtyMagicalAly
The wind and I, we speak the same, but he don’t hear so well.
Well, you’re gonna have to curse him, well you’re gonna have to yell.
The sky and I, we’ve had our fights and I’m coming round to rain,
Well, if the rain come round and it don’t come out, then I’ll never have to speak again,
I can tick tick tick tick tick tick tick away.

If Heaven is as Heaven does then this is Hell for sure...

Scatterbrain
bus conductor
bus conductor

Post by Scatterbrain » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:03 am

Congrats on 4 months!

I know what you mean about the scars. I have been SI free for almost 7 months now and when my scars started to fade, I didnt know what to do. My scars started to fade about 2 months after I stopped my SI. Now all but about 3 of the worst ones are entirely gone. I know it is almost scary to be losing that part of yourself, but know that it gets better, and you might even start to not miss them. I know most of he time I am glad to be able wear short sleeves without fear. Good luck on staying SI free from here on out.

~Megan
"The impossible just takes a little longer."
- HCJ (1/9/25- 2/26/08 )

"That there, that's not me/I go where I please/I walk through walls/I float down the Liffey
I'm not here/This isn't happening"
- "How to Disappear Completely" Radiohead

Place: Want to live and breathe/I want to be part of the human race
PBH: Back to the basics