Coping after therapy sessions

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

jaded melody
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Coping after therapy sessions

Post by jaded melody » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:03 am

I dunno if this is just me, but often after therapy I feel really depressed, and sometimes really triggered (SI-wise AND ED-wise) and i dont know what to do with myself. Posting in my place helps somewhat but does anyone have any suggestions about how to cope with a tough therapy sesssion?
"Between two worlds life hovers like a star,
twixt night and morn, upon the horizon's verge."
- Lord Byron

marylou
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by marylou » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:28 am

I used to go to my best friends house (he lives alone) and sleep on his couch, just veg out and relax. Sometimes I'd talk about it, sometimes not. Usually I'd talk randomly, half sentences etc.
I found that really helpful.
"You loosen my chains and just ask me to trust you. But it's so much easier this way, even though I know that I am bound."

Frozen
building community
building community

Post by Frozen » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:58 am

thats complete;y natural apparently.

i tend to come online (ie now) or ring a friend, or have SOMETHING planned.

Certainly when its term time, having small delightful chemistry teacher straight afterwards NEVER helps.

dbms
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by dbms » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:42 am

I make every effort to have my sessions late in the evening. That way I can sleep if it was too much. If it was a good session I have the energy to stay up. Now I have to wonder if my and my therapist's defintion of a good session are even remotely close. I'll have to ask her next time I see her.
Mark
I looked for a person who most needed my kindness today and somehow found myself.