"Blackout cuts" ***slight SI reference***

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

esaeler
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

"Blackout cuts" ***slight SI reference***

Post by esaeler » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:11 pm

Has anyone ever had a "blackout cut"?

The other night, I just remember hysterically crying, then searching for a razor, throwing a bottle of pills across the room because I couldn't get the cap open, then falling asleep. That's it. I woke up the next morning with some cuts on my arm that I didn't remember making and bruises in various places.

I'm just trying to understand this a bit better. But the fact that it happened scared me. I haven't cut since then, but I've been tempted, but I'm afraid that a relapse of the past night might happen.

Thanks, and you all are in my heart.
Last edited by esaeler on Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
i live a lie, one i keep inside
forgive me for what i am about to do
i fall again with every stroke
it takes my breath as i begin to choke..

-July 12, 2006 - March 28, 2007-
SI FREE for 8 months, 16 days.
Everyone slips.

Blake 1
town councillor
town councillor

Post by Blake 1 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:19 pm

I've never had that happen to me, although someitmes i wake up the morning after i cut and i don't remember i cut until i get in the shower and see the cuts but then it all comes back to me and i remember what happened. I'm sorry this happened to you and that you're feeling triggered. I hope you're doing ok. I'm sorry I don't have many helpful things to say. *Hugs* (if that's ok)

Take care of yourself and stay safe.
I'm not as
naive
asi wook

katja
growing roots
growing roots

Post by katja » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:22 pm

I havent had this happen to me but I've read about it. Maybe you should look it up on the internet because I think it can get quite serious.