cutting urges....sp si

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

collide
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

cutting urges....sp si

Post by collide » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:37 pm

sp si

i just feel like cutting to stop all the depression and all the anxiety that's occuring because my situation with school and money and stuff....feel like crap basically....

collide

Green Beauty
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Green Beauty » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:51 pm

Heya, although SI may seem like a good way out at the moment you deserve better then that. Have you had a look at a few of the ideas to coping with urges in this forum? There are plenty of alternatives.

Take care of yourself

:star:

Omnia vincit amor
Member of the Welcome wagon
Shh be quiet, You might piss somebody off
Proud member and loyal spoon of OATS - Oldies Against Text Speak
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
Skipping and a jumping, In the misty morning fog with, Our hearts a thumpin' and you, My brown eyed girl

Small
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by Small » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:09 am

Just remember, cutting does not make it all better. It may feel better for a little while, but that is just chemical. Not that I'm one to talk, I cut just 3 hrs ago, because one of my friends gave me a funny look when she saw my arm - I've only just decided that I will reveal my SI to my friends, and it was the first time she'd seen it. And then 2 hrs before that aswell, because of a panic attack. Why? Because it was a quick way to feel better. It doesn't last. I wish I could stop.

But it doesn't make everything better, I still have to face my problems, as everyone else does. Your problems will not go away if you cut, and there are other ways to cope.

Wish I could follow my own advice :-?

Small
"I do believe in fairies - I do, I do, I do" Peter Pan

"Fletcher Lynd Seagull, do you want to fly?" Jonathan Livingston Seagull, by Bach - a beautiful story, that changed the way I think. Read it.

collide
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by collide » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:41 pm

yeah i know of other ways to cope with cutting, but i DID cut....i was just too overwhelmed with too many stuff going wrong in my life and just couldn't stand it anymore...but i did wait awhile...it was like a few hours until i actually did cut....so that's good right?????

BrokenGurl
growing roots
growing roots

Post by BrokenGurl » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:48 pm

atleast you waited it out...i mean as long as you tried other coping things before....dont be mad because you slipped...and hey if you wanna talk PM me...k?
speak as though noone's listening....