i feel rele...ugh...*ed*

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Unleash the Bats
building community
building community

i feel rele...ugh...*ed*

Post by Unleash the Bats » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:29 pm

i dont have an eating disorder. i love food. thats my problem.

i always used to be quite slim, but recently ive started putting on weight and i hate it. my stepmum the other day said "when's ur baby due?" and only yesterday on the tube a girl i know's sister said "look at your beer belly"

im feeling rele low... and horrid and disgusting and ugh.

help.
:blkstar: :redstar: Danix :redstar: :blkstar:

morganna
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by morganna » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:36 pm

*hugs* i have problems with over eating too. sometimes i make myself sick but other times i go on for months constantly eating and put on about 35 pounds. then i have to starve myself to lose it. it is really hard to gain control over food. if being heavy is making you feel bad try and eat sensibly and exercise a bit. i know i am much more depressed when i am overweight. do you binge eat or constantly eat?

pretty
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by pretty » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:46 pm

Starving or making yourself sick aren't healthy ways to lose weight, and won't work long term.

I have food issues, I love food but I tend to comfort eat and eat cos I'm bored. And I could stand to lose a bit (especially from the belly region :oops: ). I'm trying to just be aware of what I eat and keep an eye on it, and I'm trying to do small things to get more active again.

You're not disgusting, you're a human being and you deserve respect, those people are just being cruel. Try to be gentle with yourself.

Are you a member of the please be healthy board? Cos over there might be the best place to get advice, both on body image and feeling good about yourself, and on doing something to lose weight if that's what you want.
'this is what she says gets her through it,
"if I don't let myself be happy now, then when?"' - jimmy eat world

place

Unleash the Bats
building community
building community

Post by Unleash the Bats » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:49 pm

where is the healthy thingy board???

i tend to binge eat. i'll creep downstairs in th middle of night and eat everything. im not starving myself. i know its not sensible. so i have cereal for breakfast, i dont tend to eat luch because i cant be arsed, then i eat dinner evey night at 5:30. i started jogging again this week and go to the gym. hopefully i'll start noticing something soon.

thank u guys
:blkstar: :redstar: Danix :redstar: :blkstar:

pretty
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by pretty » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:59 pm

If you click on the link at the top that says usergroups (I'm on subsilver, and it's on the far right of the top row, by watched topics, faq and all that) and you can select a user group and request membership. Or I can ask an admin to add you if that's simpler :)
'this is what she says gets her through it,
"if I don't let myself be happy now, then when?"' - jimmy eat world

place