oh great another hospitalization

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

collide
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

oh great another hospitalization

Post by collide » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:18 pm

sp si, su

i was hospitalized recently (9/7-9/14)...it sucked...i was losing my mind that nite...the previous nite i had strong urges to cut...but i was able to not...then, i was just depressed because i have to quit my job soon because Grad school already started...missing the students and the teachers i knew...had a really bad day Wed...ok at first but then turned into a nitemare...got triggered because at Orientation after class, faculty and students shared about the close relationships...i started freaking out...cuz i don't want them to know my psychological history, hospitalizations, disorders, etc...cuz my major is Counseling...so then afterwards, freaked out more...Orientation was longer than i thought...missed my bus to the BART subway...then had to call 911 cuz freaking out....then hospitalized

collide

Tamrick
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Tamrick » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:32 pm

*hugs*

Constant hospitalizations do get to you even if they are for a short time - I was hospitalized nine times in less than two years at one stage for various things. Even without SI I have been hospitalised twice this year for other problems.

Hang in there. Work on some strategies to keep you out of hospital or at least to have the shortest stay possible. Try also to find people who could help you without going to the hospital and perhaps someone who could help you with college too. And remember that hospital can help - its no shame to be there and it can be very good for you. While you are there relax and get everything from the help they offer there.

*more hugs*
Tamrick
“A Sunrise is God's way of saying, "Let's start again.”
― Todd Stocker