Falling backwards really fast

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

eerie_me
creating your space
creating your space

Falling backwards really fast

Post by eerie_me » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:42 pm

Hi,

I read the topic of dissociation and was trying to decide whether to reply to a post on there but decided not to as I didnt want to ask a Question about myself on there when it is really for helpful ideas.

So anyway, quite a few times now I have been sitting (usually) and looking at something/someone. Suddenly it will feel like all of a sudden the object/person is getting further and further away. Now logically I know that they are only 1-3 metres away, but the way I am seeing it/them it feels like they are more like 20 metres away. Is this a form of dissociation?

I am about to post another topic (which is seperate from this, but a bit embarassing...i hope somebody can help me shed some light on the subject).

Anyway take care y'all. Love n hugs from Nat xxxx
"To know a theory has been proven by a great scientist is a great thing, but to know you thought of it first is better than not knowing it at all"

TragicFlaw
one of us
one of us

Post by TragicFlaw » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:39 pm

No matter how odd my reply will seem i want you to know that to me when that happens its because ... i've found myself trying to hide something. I've kinda tried to explain it as me hiding away in myself and everything just gettng farther away. i don't know if this particular incident is dissociation because there would be other factors to consider (what you were feeling when it happened, how upset you were, what your emotions were etc).
I hope i helped a little and didn't just babble...
:star: