i need help *SA

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

kate_
growing roots
growing roots

i need help *SA

Post by kate_ » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:26 pm

my current problem...i've just told my family/cops about my childhood abuse from my mom's ex. he's not in my life anymore. can you guys share some feelings about pressing charges? i want to but it feels a lot easier to just avoid the whole thing, i need someone to push me to do the right thing..
:lblstar: don't go hiding in the shade. :lblstar:

i'm perfecting my emptiness

my place - The Good Side Of Bad <-- all replies welcome

erase me

strmdncr
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by strmdncr » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:06 am

Kate

I think you already answered your own question for yourself
i want to....do the right thing
This is what you recognize as being right for yourself, and that is what is most important at this time, taking care of yourself. pm me if you need to.
A friend is someone who believes in you even when you've ceased to believe in yourself. (unknown)

strmdncr's sanctuary
strmdncr speaks

GirlInterrupted
creating your space
creating your space

Post by GirlInterrupted » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:20 am

You should do what feels right for you...not what anyone else tells you that you should...

There are pros and cons to weigh up for each course of action...

say
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Re: i need help *SA

Post by say » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:22 pm

kate_ wrote:i want to...
You answered your own question, kiddo. If you want to, if you think it will help you move on and feel better, you should.

Maybe you could call RAINN or another hotline to find out what all will be involved? I feel better when I know what's going to happen... It would be a good way to prepare yourself, and it might help you make a firm decision on whether you want to press charges or not.

Space_Man
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Space_Man » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:20 pm

Realize that you aren’t getting someone else in trouble; you are merely responding to/reporting what your abuser decided to do to you, all on their own.

magebaby
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by magebaby » Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:07 pm

ditto what Say said. make sure you get support while you're going through this though.

take care,
mage
"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." -- Vincent Van Gogh

"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?" --Nelson Mandela

No hugs, thanks