How do you Stop anerexia

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

black hurt
one of us
one of us

How do you Stop anerexia

Post by black hurt » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:51 am

How do you stop anerexia?
I know as soon as skool starts up again its going to get worse.

say
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by say » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:13 pm

Go to your guidance counselor and ask for help. I think it's a good sign that you're concerned for your health. You can beat this.

katja
growing roots
growing roots

Post by katja » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:36 pm

i agree with say, anorexia is a big deal and you shouldnt try and cope alone

Harlequin_Tears
growing roots
growing roots

Post by Harlequin_Tears » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:35 pm

I'm in the same boat as you. I too agree with say, go to your guidance counselor and talk about your worries. Have the counselor get bery involved with how you are eating and what you eat.

Was there anything at school that triggers it? Try to say away from triggers or lessen your time. I know that if I were to get involved with the theatre at my school again I would take a HUGE step backward so I'm staying away and my counselor is watching me very closely to see how I cope.

Just remember that wanting help is the first step to getting better.
"And if the darkness should have swallowed me as you read this, you must never think there was the possibility of some secret intervention, something you might have done."
~The X-Files
My Livejournal

morganna
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by morganna » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:53 pm

i'd recommend the book overcoming anorexia by christopher freeman. i have another book in the series overcoming bulimia and i find it very useful.

start off by trying to eat three small meals and three snacks a day. do the best you can and monitor your eating to see if you are making progress. try and stop weighing yourself eveyday if you do that and also what's called "checking" (looking in the mirror to see how thin you are etc)

I have bulimia so i can't help you anymore, but the book should.

:bcatsmile:

chloe312
settling in
settling in

Post by chloe312 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:48 pm

talkin to ur councillor will help the most, but at least u realise u hav anorexia and u r not jst thinkin u r "dietin". very good sign that u want to get better :) hope u can get thru this. it takes a lot of time and a lot of courage, but soooo worth it in the end!
but these cuts are not for death but life
do not be alarmed at the way i strive
marks on my body are a small price to pay
for freedom from hell and a new dawning day

chin up, staying strong

CHECK OUT MY PLACE.....http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=85641

drowner
one of us
one of us

Post by drowner » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:58 am

Try and find someone to talk to a guidance counselor or a therapist.

If you think the stress of school is going to trigger to you, try and talk to a teacher. Tell her you're having problems (you don't have to go into specifics if you don't want) and see if there's anything they can work out to help you.
Also, try and stay away from fashion magazines and limit your tv time. Try and steer yourself away from all triggers that you can.
keep that song out of your mind