Everything wrong

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Chocoboko
building community
building community

Everything wrong

Post by Chocoboko » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:29 am

Hi all,

I realize that for a good part of my life, I was plagued with a feeling. I felt like I was doing everything in my life wrong. No matter what I did, I was "wrong." First, I'd be wrong for not "taking advice to help myself." Secondly, when I do finally take it, I feel wrong for "taking it all wrong." When I get confused, I feel wrong for "Intentionally confusing myself and being stupid." So matter what, I lose.

I'm just writing this to ask if any of you all feel this way. Do you feel that every single thing you do in life is wrong (whether or not it's truly wrong)?

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:14 am

Last edited by Guest on Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

limestone
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by limestone » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:33 pm

i'm not entirely sure i understand.

i wanted to ask though, are you comfortable with making mistakes? and you have the right to not accept advice - people might say do x y z but if you don't want to do that then that is ok. seriously.

if you don't own the decision of what you choose to do then imo you might feel that it's the wrong thing etc because it's not coming from you.

but, sometimes some decisions that are made are not made soley by you but in conjunction with others. and then if that doesn't work out then yeah, you can feel that it's wrong. but wrong and right are black and white: life isn't quite so one sided neither are feelings.

so, what i'm trying to say is that why do you feel this wrong feeling and do you feel that you are making the choices that you're living?

Chocoboko
building community
building community

Post by Chocoboko » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:57 pm

Thank you for your kind words, Kind Bean.

limestone, what I mean is that I sometimes have the feeling that I did everything in my life "wrong". It's usually when I feel down. I think I only feel down because I did everything wrong and that if I did everything the way it should be, I wouldn't feel that way. The ironic thing is that I have no earthly clue about what I "should've done". I am guessing it had a lot to do with my invalidating environment in childhood.

Unfortunately, I have a hard time accepting mistakes I make.

pointeless
growing roots
growing roots

Post by pointeless » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:02 pm

I know what you mean choco... it's like, If I have two choices... no matter which one I pick, I feel it'll be wrong and is wrong when I do.
It's like I look back and think, well all I ever made is wrong turns...
not sure I can be of much help i'm afraid :-? sorry that isn't helpful is it... just wanted to say, I think I know what you mean...
<a href="http://www.freewebs.com/sjhemming/">Visit My Website</a>

http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=83255 - My poetry/Art Den

With eternal gratefullness n thanks to pink elephant for the graphic x

kate_
growing roots
growing roots

Post by kate_ » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:50 am

i always feel like i'm doing everything wrong. everything.
:lblstar: don't go hiding in the shade. :lblstar:

i'm perfecting my emptiness

my place - The Good Side Of Bad <-- all replies welcome

erase me