My mom

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

WishingForPain
one of us
one of us

My mom

Post by WishingForPain » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:51 pm

Hello eveyone,
Okay well my parents have been seperated for about...2 years i guess and i have been living with my mom since she moved out.Growing up with my mom was great in my mind.But now looking back on those days i get really upset.Our family was always seperated.My sister had my dad and i had my mom.It was just how things were.But my mom used to tell me horrible things about him.And now i know better.Well last june my dad got married to a wonderful person and i mean she isent perfect but no one is.Anyways well now me and my dad are great and i have decied to move back into the house that i grew up in.My dads house.But i have no idea how i can tell my mom that i want to move back over there and not hurt her.I mean she is still my mom and i cant change that but i mean i just cant stay here any more.Sooo i really dont know what 2 do..... Any ideas would really help.Thanks.

Space_Man
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Space_Man » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:04 am

Are both parents in the same city/immediate area? I have an idea, but it won’t work if they life nearby to each other…

WishingForPain
one of us
one of us

Post by WishingForPain » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:30 am

yes they are both about 10 mintues away from each outher

limestone
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by limestone » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:38 pm

you could write a letter and give it to her and sit with her whilst she reads it.

Space_Man
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Space_Man » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:57 pm

Yeah, my first idea won’t work…but could you make it into a time thing? Mom, I’ve spent [x-amount of time] with you, and so now I’m gonna go spend the same amount of time with dad—try and keep it neutral/non-personal like that…?

WishingForPain
one of us
one of us

Post by WishingForPain » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:28 am

i really wanted to thank everyone for all of your help.I really dont think any of that really would help.My mom is a very deppressed person and i saw how bad she went down when my sister pushed her way out of my moms life.She got sooo depresed and i have always been the parent between us.I took care of her and that is how things had to be at times.And now i guess i just want to be the mom stiull and i dont want her to go do anything stupid if she "loses" me 2.I am her baby but i just cant stay here.I just really have no idea what to do but thanks anyways.....
PICT0064.JPG

reallycreamed
building community
building community

Post by reallycreamed » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:30 pm

can you talk to your dad about how your feeling and ask him to help you out with this?
:grnstar: circles and circles and circles again :grnstar:
:1cat: :100_days_si_free: