Chey's coping corner...

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Chey's coping corner...

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:06 am

Ok, i have calmed a little (thanks to those of you who msnd me and sent me private messages).

I think i will just post how i feel and the insidead.

well a couple months ago i was having a discussion with my dad about getting a computer but he told me not to buy a computer cause he will just give me his instead. I decided that since he was giving me the computer i would spend my money on other things but now taht i got those other things he tells me that he is not giving me the computer. I feel so let down and hurt.

I know its so insugnificant and such a stupid thing to be upset about, its just a computer. But its not about the computer, its that he broke his promis again.'

Chey

SadEmoKid
settling in
settling in

Post by SadEmoKid » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:28 am

i understand why you're mad. if my dad broke a promise to me, i'd be pissed. my mom has made a living out of breaking HER promises. :-?

parents are dumb. sometimes we're better off without them.
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow;
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain;
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there; I did not die.

Slightly Crazy
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by Slightly Crazy » Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:35 am

Chey, it shouldnt matter what the promise was, it was a PROMISE.. its ok to be upset

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:09 pm

yah your right. i really dont care about the computer, i will get one through odsp instead but just means i will have to keep using this one for a while longer. Maby i should post in tech support on this forum to see if anyone in hamilton/toronto area could possibly fix my computer for me.

I dont feel confident enough to do it myself but i kinda know what needs to be done.

Chey

Martin
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by Martin » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:37 pm

I hate it when people don't do what they say they will... even if it's something as simple as calling me back. I need to keep reminding myself that it doesn't mean that I'm a bad person or that they hate me or that no one is trustworthy, just that one specific person broke one specific agreement.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:28 pm

Well i calmly talked to my dad told him i was dissapointed and hurt. I told him that i felt he let me down again. I told him i was going to talk to my deaf blind advocate to see if its possible to get the computer a different way. I probably can but i told him i might need to borrow the computer for a month or two till i get my own.

I will talk to my step mom just to make sure its actualy going to happen. My step mom is way more resonable so i think she will be a lot more helpfull in this matter. I am glad though that i talked to my dad at least. :)

Chey

mallie
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by mallie » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:38 am

Chey, good on your for talking to your Dad about things :thup: