*si* i cant

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

lordtakemeway
one of us
one of us

*si* i cant

Post by lordtakemeway » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:59 pm

i dont think i can do this i mean i tried the other things that you people told me but it didnt work and i just ended up cutting again and my boyfriend got mad at me cause of the cutting. i mean all i ask is that he be there for me but he yelled at me instead. why yell at me?
~~~~~~~needbigtimehelp~~~~~~~

NobodyToYou
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by NobodyToYou » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:59 am

I can't answer that for sure, since I can't read his mind. But it sounds like he was upset. It probably upsets him that you hurt yourself...and that you are so unhappy that you would want to. He may not know how to react well, so he just reacts...I am sorry if it is hurting you when he gets angry. I know you are already upset yourself and don't need anything added to it.
When you are both calm (and you aren't triggered) you may want to talk to him about...Since he may not know how to react, it might be good if you tell him what would help you during a time like that. You may also want to see if he can be a resource for you before you cut, someone who can help you use your other coping methods.
I hope you can be gentle with yourself right now. I know it can be very hard.

mallie
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by mallie » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:13 am

He probably yelled out of hurt, or frustration. It is difficult to see people you care about hurting themselves, or just to see them hurting.

You say that you want him to be there for you, have you told him how he can do this? NobodyToYou's suggestion of talking with him when you are both calm sounds like a really good approach. If he doesn't know how to help you, its going to be really hard for him as well. I hope you manage to talk to him and sort things out a bit. Good luck.

XxJamiexX
one of us
one of us

Post by XxJamiexX » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:19 pm

hey...im pretty much in the same situation. I cut a lot....my boy friend hates it but I dont think he really knows how much Ive bin doing it. Truthfully Im scared. I dont want him to find out that I do it almost everyday. Ive bin on and off all year....I went from cutting 6-11 times a day....to not at all. I was doing good for a month or soo..but i found out a lot of stuff and I was lied too a lot. I got pretty messed up after that and I I ran back to my cutting. It seemed like or seems like the only thing that helps me. I dont really know what to do anymore. I dont know if talking about my problem will help or not. Its worth a try I guess. Its just if I keep cutting I know he wont stay with me. He is already upset that I do!! I dont know.....Im kinda confussed.
XxJamiexX

limestone
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by limestone » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:59 pm

forget about what others suggested especially if it didn't work.
start again.
what do you want to do the next time you feel you want to si?
list three things, write them down and pin it up somewhere or carry it with you. then, get a bracelet to remind you of this list.

if you want to not si, you can choose not to. make that choice, be active in that decision.