I......I can't cry....

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

dark_aura
settling in
settling in

I......I can't cry....

Post by dark_aura » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:00 pm

I want to be able to cry but I can't...Sometimes the tears well up but nothing comes of it...I know that if I cry I may feel better,but my God is not letting me..Why?I just don't know what to do anymore...I feel like no one really cares about me enough just to ask me what's wrong and when I say nothing persist...

jaded melody
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by jaded melody » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:13 pm

It can be really distressing when you want to cry but you cant. Could you try talking to somebody about how you feel or writing it down? that normally helps me get out my feelings. If I really need a good cry, sad movies are good. Sorry things are bad, I hope you feel better soon

:star:
"Between two worlds life hovers like a star,
twixt night and morn, upon the horizon's verge."
- Lord Byron

dark_aura
settling in
settling in

Post by dark_aura » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:24 pm

Writing it down has never done anything but made me more mad at myself for being who I am....
I can't talk to people openly,I think that's why i came here...

VowsOfSadness
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by VowsOfSadness » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:54 am

i think people tell themselves so much that they can't cry that its a sign of weakness but then it is auctually a coping method and it hurts to keep it in and not cry. People often need to learn how to cry again (i did).
*Challenges welcome*
I always love a :lpurpstar:

I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized we're all in this together.

Drop by my place & say hi :)
Ask me anything!!!

I'm fully Recovered!

BlackTara
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by BlackTara » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:06 am

I might be in the same situation. I would always get in trouble if I seemed upset at the 'wrong' times or for the 'wrong' reasons. So I became unable to cry if it was for my own unhappiness at something because it was almost always deemed inappropriate for me to be unhappy.

But it was okay to cry when watching a sad movie, listening to certain songs, or reading poetry. When I wanted to cry I sometimes took out the poems that always got to me and once the tears started flowing I thought about my own reasons for being sad and sort of transfered the inspiration.

Maybe there is some situation where you feel comfortable crying in, like a scene in a book or something, that can get you started.

nirvana
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by nirvana » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:43 pm

i have the same problem. it's frustrating and depressing to have that crying feeling inside, but not being able to release it. i wish i had real advice, just letting you know i read and i'm here if you ever need to talk.

love, tara.
i thought i was a fool for no one, but baby i'm a fool for you.

[safe since february 2005.]

Space_Man
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Re: I......I can't cry....

Post by Space_Man » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:35 pm

seraphim wrote:I want to be able to cry but I can't...my God is not letting me...
Care to say more about this?

Chimera
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by Chimera » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:55 pm

BlackTara wrote:But it was okay to cry when watching a sad movie, listening to certain songs, or reading poetry. When I wanted to cry I sometimes took out the poems that always got to me and once the tears started flowing I thought about my own reasons for being sad and sort of transfered the inspiration.
I do the same thing (usually with music), and it really does help me feel better.

Jessica
<center>"You must make your own happiness...you must be wise enough to recognize it when it comes.
And if it doesn't come, in spite of all your efforts, you must do something about that as well."
</center>

Scoots
welcome cow
welcome cow

Post by Scoots » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:10 pm

when i was younger i used to cry all the time...if my brother was told off i would cry, if someone else was upset i would cry etc. people told me to stop being stupid so i stopped crying, not just in the situations where i was told not to cry but in all situations and now it is really unusual for me to cry despite the fact that i can really want to

lilmissme
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by lilmissme » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:07 pm

I spend so long tellling myself not to cry that when I want to, I can't. Sad music, films etc never work for me, they just make the urge to cry more painful.

I see crying as a weakness in myself, and I think that's where this stems from. Consciously I want to cry, but subconsciously I'm still saying "don't".

When I do cry it is always very painful, my tears seem to be like acidic or something and make my eyes really really burn. Does anyone else have this? Is it because I don't cry very often?

Karen xx
<center>When I counted up my demons
Saw there was one for every day
With the good ones on my shoulders
I drove the other ones away

<b>Everything's not lost</center></b>

dark_aura
settling in
settling in

Post by dark_aura » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:25 pm

I spend so long tellling myself not to cry that when I want to, I can't. Sad music, films etc never work for me, they just make the urge to cry more painful.
Yeah me too..I feel like that a lot...

quote:
Originally posted by seraphim
I want to be able to cry but I can't...my God is not letting me...
As for this,it's just a saying type thing...Maybe if you put together the 2 sentences u took these things from,you'll get it....

Ever felt that if you cry,if you get your feelings out,you'll feel a whole lot better?Then that's what I feel....I don't know anywhere where the sun is always shining...In other words...

BsbOwnsYourMom
one of us
one of us

Post by BsbOwnsYourMom » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:51 am

thats the most annoying thing ever, that used to be a huge problem for me.i think i was like that because i held everything in, and i just never let go, and cry was another thing that didnt work fo me

Forget Me
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by Forget Me » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:06 am

yeah, i find crying often helps me a lot. sometimes i cant, but you know. i have pictures and music that usually make me cry when i need to. and sometimes when i watch movies. i only cry in movies when i am sad about other things though. and only at the happy bits. lol. maybe this will sound stupid, but it worked for me once... you could try chopping onions until you are almost crying and then leave the onions and go somewhere else and just keep going?
Lauz
<center>
<b>FISHY! WHY ARE YOU SLEEPING?!</b>
~"What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find."~
:o :o :o
Another Lonely Day
~~Laura~~
</center>

Beasty
troll sniper
troll sniper

Post by Beasty » Mon May 23, 2005 8:18 pm

I was just like you, once. I couldn't cry, no matter what. It was like that since I was born-- it took something so strong to make me cry in real life. I could cry at movies, but not about anything real.

But all the sudden out of the blue, I was over at my boyfriend's house (he has the same problems that all of us here at BUS have) and I felt the tears coming. Slowly they came up behind my eyes, and try as I might to stop them, they came gushing out. For forty-five minutes I just sat in his arms, on his bed, just crying my heart out about anything and everything I never cried over previously.

I hope someday that happens for you. That all the sudden the tears come out of nowhere and you cry your eyes out. They shall come someday. Have faith.
"No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There’s always a boom tomorrow. What? Look, somebody’s got to have some damn perspective around here. Boom, sooner or later. BOOM!" - Susan Ivanova

Eisa = Beasty's Twin

Beasty's Place!

kate_
growing roots
growing roots

Post by kate_ » Mon May 23, 2005 11:39 pm

sometimes i can't cry for days...then all of a sudden i'm out of control..not much fun :-?
:lblstar: don't go hiding in the shade. :lblstar:

i'm perfecting my emptiness

my place - The Good Side Of Bad <-- all replies welcome

erase me

Koru
town councillor
town councillor

Post by Koru » Tue May 24, 2005 11:53 am

I cried very easily as a child which led to me being bullied a lot (it was entertaining for the other kids to make me cry), now I still cry over stupid little things (movies, newpaper articles etc) but I can't cry about anything that matters. Last time I did I cried for several hours straight then most of the next day - it was pretty exhausting but probably good for me. I wish I could do that again now but I can't.
- Always look towards the sunshine and your shadows will fall behind you -

Elena
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by Elena » Fri May 27, 2005 1:37 am

Wow, I thought maybe I was the only one with this problem. Guess not.^^ Well, I don't know if I can offer much advice... songs and movies and things never ever make me cry, except maybe 3 times in history. I don't go out of my way to do it but when I feel like I want to cry, here's the pattern I've noticed: I'm feeling depressed, therefore I walk around looking sulky all day, or just lie in bed (into the afternoon at times on weekends, or I'll oversleep and miss school, etc.). This kind of behaviour prompts my mom or dad to ask me what's wrong. When I start telling people about why I feel stressed out loud, it always makes me cry, listening to myself say it. Of course, the thing I hate more than anything is crying in front of people.

One time though when somebody yelled at me at school I was able to hold myself together in class, yet when I got home I was still able to cry. I guess when it comes down to it I'm more likely to cry in front of people because it's usually things they say that make me want to cry, and then I have to try and hold back. >.< I'm sensitive and I don't take criticism or failure well.

I also tend to cry a lot around my dad. He yells at my brother way too much, or at least he used to, and I still cry when he does it. Or when he talks bad about my mom (she deserves it, but still, I don't like to hear it).

I love it when I cry over a movie, or when I'm happy (that happens a little more often...) because then I don't feel like I have to stop myself.

Another thing: I was reading Farenheit 451 for school, and Montag was talking about how he realized that if his wife were to die, he wouldn't cry. And then he starts crying about the fact that he wouldn't cry over her death. I distinctly remember envying him, because that's just the sort of thing I would not be able to cry about.

Funny story. You remember myelin sheathing around neurons from bio class? Well, I always thought that it was pretty in the illustration, and so brave! (Ah, dear brave myelin...) I was explaining that to my mom and she explained that the disease she has makes her own body attack her myelin sheathing! I was so upset about this that I cried for like an hour- and I was driving too! There wasn't anything else upsetting me, I was just sad about the myelin.

Seriously, crying (no, it doesn't count if your eyes are just irritated- has to be real crying) releases stress hormones.
hugs always welcome

scarredheart
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by scarredheart » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:46 pm

Hey...i am sorry..and now I know...I am not alone. I feel like crying is the worst thing to do sometimes. i'm afraid to cry, like it's against the "rules" to cry. But By holding all your emotions inside, you aren't helping anything, accept the urge to hurt. I still cry though. And, usually, ir's when there is nothing to cry about. Just out of the blue...my eyes start filling up with this poison. The poison that I am afraid of..."please don't cry...don't show everyone how weak and worthless you are..." i always tell this to myself when i am about to cry...The poison...It burns my eyes and litters my brain with the urge to hurt. i just break-down.

But what's not fair, is the fact that when we want to cry...we just...can't. Like our mind repells the idea whenever we actually need a good cry. And when we do cry...the world denies us the shoulder we need to cry on...it's not fair...And I just want to say...i care...and i know how you feel...thank you for showing me that i am no alone...and I hope I was of some help to you.

much love

------
scarredheart
They leave me cold. I can't help but wonder why I even bother at all, Jack sighed heavily. I'm sick of scaring everyone. I want to do something different. But I just don't know what, he told his little dog. Why don't I know Zero, why? Sally's ragdoll heart melted. Jack was suffering just as she was. She stood up, wanting to reach out to him. I know how you feel, she whispered under her breath, almost hoping he'd hear. But it was too late.
Lost in sorrow, Jack was gone. A tear rolled down Sally's face.

----The Nightmare Before Christmas----

degrassigal2007
one of us
one of us

Post by degrassigal2007 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:15 am

Hey. I know exactly how you feel, i hate not being able to cry, and i feel like this'd be easier if i could... feel free to pm me if u wanna vent. *hugs*
~Heather
[/b]
"Im sorry i cant be perfect" -Simple Plan
"And our scars remind us that the past is real... i tear my heart open, just to feel" -Papa Roach
"When everything feels like the movies, yeah you bleed just to know your alive" -GooGoo Dolls
~Heather :1_week_si_free: :1_week_si_free::1_week_si_free:Image

leensie
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by leensie » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:29 am

me either. i want to cry so badly but it just wont come out.
my souls crying.
~~~The goddess of Imaginary Light~~~

:redstar: 1 month(!) 10 days :redstar: