How much more can I take?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

bammer71
one of us
one of us

How much more can I take?

Post by bammer71 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:02 am

To make a long story short, I am a 34 year old single male. My mother lives with me and she is at end stage COPD and doesn't have long to live. My job has me going home almost about to do something stupid. House and car payments are overdue with no money coming in. No time for myself due to taking care of my mother and the house.

It has got to the point that under enough stress I have punched myself in the face so hard that I have broken my glasses and also from what I have seen in the other forum suffering from SI. Multiple soars on arms and legs that are geeting bigger and more painful but seams to give me relief. I find myself sitting somewhere stareing at any object wondering how much more can I take before I loose it! I have no one to talk to about this until I found this forum. I am scared about going to a T.

Any ideas on what I can do to relieve the stress?

James
Why is this happening to me??

Anactoria
bus addict
bus addict

Post by Anactoria » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:42 am

I've got a few suggestions. I can tell you right now that we differ a great deal in age, but here's just a few things that work for me. :)

-Taking a long bath/shower... or a bubble bath.
-Do something just for yourself.
-Taking a walk, either in the park or just around your neighborhood.
-Reading.
-Just talk to people. It doesn't have to be someone you know; make a new friend.
-Laugh. Read jokes, or get someone to tell them to you.
-Doing something nice for other people. Yeah, that might sound like a weird way to relieve stress. I used to volunteer at a soup kitchen and it just made me feel so happy to see people's faces light up at just getting a single meal.
-Look at the stars.
-Just relax. :)
-Hug something. Or someone.

Yup, that's my little list of suggestions. I hope it works for you as well as it works for me. :D