Toms Funeral (graphic descriptions)

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

broken_words
creating your space
creating your space

Toms Funeral (graphic descriptions)

Post by broken_words » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:23 am

Today was Tom's funeral...and i went. It was closed cassket considering the circumstances. The police found that Tom, Nick, and Cameron fell 858 feet off a cliff in Tom's Jeep Corokee (which i've ridden in, and loved that car...i remember it well)...the collision with the ground was what killed Tom and Nick. The bodies were too messed up to show or fix. One sheriff said "It's the worst i've ever seen...and i've been doing this for 21 years." Cameron spoke at the funeral...he just got out of the hospital he had his whole head wrapped in bandages, and people had to lead him to the mic to talk. It brought me closure, but great sadness. When they were carring Tom out of the church I broke down and was sobbing like a freak. I felt so vulnerable, and weak...but i loved Tom.....thank you all for your support...hugs needed...

I am so broken...shattered...toren...
am i weak for that?

See these tears fallin'?
they're pure and true,
but why can these tears,
be truer than you?

2 weeks si free

~Broken_Words~
WRITE ON!!!

NobodyToYou
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by NobodyToYou » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:26 am

lots of hugs.
No, you are not weak. You are grieving. That is normal, and healthy, and probably helped a lot more than trying to hold it in. It is ok if you feel sad. It is ok if you feel angry. It is ok if you feel like the color has gone out of life...and it will even be ok when you start to feel better again and realize that you went a whole day without thinking about Tom. It is all part of grief.
More hugs...give yourself some special attention right now, cause I am sure this is very hard to handle.

Priceless
staff member emeritus
staff member emeritus
Location: Theres something rotten in the state of Denmark, and its not me!

Post by Priceless » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:36 pm

*loads of huggles*
no you are not weak, not at all.
its normal to cry and grief over the loss of a friend, youre not weak at all
more huggles

<center>
|| my place *read 1 post please* || my livejournal || || my deviant-art ||
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
-- Frank Outlaw

Proud member of OATS - Oldies against text speak

</center>

Chessie
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by Chessie » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:44 am

*warm hugs*

It's nice to find another person grieving. Although I'm just grieving over loss of a beloved neighbor dog that I often took care of, and it seems like such a nothing compared to what you're dealing with, I don't deal well with death.

-c.
<B><center>:star: SI free since September 16th, 2004 :star:</center><center><b> :bfly: hugs welcomed :pinkstar: </b>

My Service Dog Indy