the other day*si*

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

lordtakemeway
one of us
one of us

the other day*si*

Post by lordtakemeway » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:11 pm

The other day i finally told my boyfriend how he could be there for and he said he would do it but um........i still found myself cutting while i was on the phone with him last nite. maybe quitting isnt for me, it could happen rite? god i just feel like a failure i mean all you people are trying to help me to not cut anymore but i seem not able to make myself stop. its like a feeling deep down inside of me and it keeps nawing at my insides intil i give in and cut myself but i dont want it to be like that anymore. why cant i just be normal like all my friends and family. i've tried to tell my mom the other day but when i started i looked at her face and saw so much age there that i couldn't but this on her now i mean she has so much to deal with.
my best friend isn't really talking to me anymore since she saw the last cut i did it freaked her out. its just a cut on my arm for christsake. they need to get over it but then maybe i can help them get over it by helping myself to stop cutting rite? thanks for all the helps you guys if you still have any ideas of ways i can stop im all ears. peace
:clover: :cystar: :grnheart: :cystar: :grnheart: :cystar: :grnheart: :cystar: :grnheart: :cystar: :grnheart: :cystar: :grnheart: :cystar: :heart: :redstar: :heart: :redstar: :heart: :redstar: :heart: :redstar: :heart: :redstar: :dkpurpstar: :purpheart: :dkpurpstar: :purpheart: :dkpurpstar: :purpheart: :dkpurpstar: :purpheart: :dkpurpstar: :purpheart: :clover:
~~~~~~~needbigtimehelp~~~~~~~

DecemberLivy
just plain inspiring
just plain inspiring

Post by DecemberLivy » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:22 pm

hey hun,
dont worry, your not alone. i also cant stop :( i've tried and done well (26 days 5 slips) but the urges are everywhere and the tiniest thing can make you just want to run for your knife...
i have an obsession with writing. its not often that you find me without a pen in my hand and writing out some poem or prose; writing really is my life and i would like to be a writer when i leave school. what i mean is, writing is the only thing that stops me from cutting, it has a powerful affect on me. maybe if you could find something that means as much to you as cutting does it could help?
and please, dont worry about not being able to stop. we all find some things hard. remember you are not alone on bus, ever. and if you ever want to talk to me PM me anytime, i'll reply soon as i can.
i hope things get better, really

love and thoughts
livy
<center>my walpole cafe

"My life's a mess"
"That's the way it's supposed to be" - soap -
</center>

I think I'll paint roads
on my front room walls
to convince myself
that I'm going places.

theboldeditalics
building community
building community

srrry

Post by theboldeditalics » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:53 am

Sorry!!

I've been there, if you read my post 'I'm out...finally' on Coping I talk about how people abandoned me when I told them I si. Yeah I don't get why people freak out so much when they see a cut, I mean, people freakin' watch ER and Extreme Makeover and other medical shows while they are sitting down to dinner! If you find time, you should read 'Cutting' by Steven Levenkron. It's really useful.

PM me anytime.
lately i've been feeling
like i don't belong
like the ground's not mine to walk upon