What do I do with my tools?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

everythingends666
one of us
one of us

What do I do with my tools?

Post by everythingends666 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:14 am

I've recently decided that im ready to stop self-injury. (yay for me) I feel like I dont need it anymore and Ive found that i dont enjoy it as much as i used to. Its not the first thing that comes to mind anymore like it used to be. It feels soo good to not be dependent on it anymore. :-) the only problem is that i dont know what to do with my razors and stuff. I dont want anyone to find them and i dont want to be tempted. I was thinking about keeping a box with a lock on it but I think that might look suspicious to my parents. thanx everyone

NobodyToYou
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by NobodyToYou » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:00 am

You could wrap a regular box in plastic wrap and then cover it with duct tape...It would look weird, but it would make it hard to get to the tools if you were urgy. And it might make your parents think..."weird" rather than "there is a secret in this box." Especially if you color on the tape after you wrap it up. Tell them it is a time capsule or something...when you are 5 years SI free and in a perfectly safe mindset, you can open it up and throw the tools away. Just some random ideas...

raevy
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by raevy » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:56 am

NobodyToYou 's time capsule thing was a great idea.

And congradulations! :D

treasure
forum moderator - workshop & before & after
forum moderator - workshop & before & after

Post by treasure » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:21 am

are you up to throwing them away? its not easy, but if they are still around you might be more tempted to use them. for some things, u could maybe give them to someone else to throw away for u, just to make sure u do it?
treasure
virtual hugs welcome.
shiny place or old place

Queen Zandra Ava
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by Queen Zandra Ava » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:15 am

I threw all mine away except 1. My friend and I came up with a place to hide it, but it didn't work because i pulled it out because I was tempted. So we have to find another place
I cannot feel in Life I must have others do it for me here in the theater. ~ The Libertine
:rose:
:60_days_si_free:

VowsOfSadness
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by VowsOfSadness » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:15 pm

The first couple times I tried to stop I didn't throw away my tools, too much o an emotional attachment. When I started to get serious I gave my ones to my really REALLY good friend (the ones taht I carry with me) then I went home and clean out EVERYTHING in my room that I had used for self injury or that I would (ie. a broken mirror etc.). I took other things to like i had a Cut book and a thinspiration journal I loaded it all up into a shoe box and buried it in my backyard. It was hard, but I had a lot of support. I mean sometimes when I am feeling really down I think "I am going to go out there and dig it up" because I have nothing else (and because my ciggerettes are in there lol), but I think about how illogical that is and pathetic it would be if I really did.
*Challenges welcome*
I always love a :lpurpstar:

I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized we're all in this together.

Drop by my place & say hi :)
Ask me anything!!!

I'm fully Recovered!