*SI* need help

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

lordtakemeway
one of us
one of us

*SI* need help

Post by lordtakemeway » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:17 pm

im a highschooler, to most people in my school hunting yourself is common, but i dont wanna be another one of those kids, if you can help in someway, a few words of encouragement are welcomed, just wanna find a way to stop from doing this to myself. how do i tell the guy that im with that i do what i do? can anybody help :uhhh:
~~~~~~~needbigtimehelp~~~~~~~

falling...
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by falling... » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:33 pm

welcome to BUS :moo: (they are a tradition)
Before and after, has questions in it which is a good way of working out urges, and the reasons behind them. hope you will find the help and support you are looking for on BUS.
take care, and feel free to PM me anytime :star:
Last edited by falling... on Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ktlyn459
one of us
one of us

a little help

Post by ktlyn459 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:56 pm

hey, I am in highschool as well. people in my school see my scars and ask. I just lie, I think that you are so strong and brave to be doing this. its hard but one word of advice if you do slip up, don't make it the end of the world. just say its part of getting better, I have done that and its made it easier for me. hope this helps and pm me anytime if you ever want to just vent, i am all ears!
katelyn

polmath
creating your space
creating your space

Post by polmath » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:00 am

hiiiiii and welcome !! :moo:

I don't have an advice per se, but I really hope you get what you're searching for. Asking for help has to be the first step :)
<p align="center">:blkstar:“Even though all the other birds probably wanna be hawks; they hate him for what they can’t be. Proud. Powerful. Determined. Dark.":blkstar:

<a href="http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=76981">my place</a>:dkblheart:</p>

SouthernComfort
settling in
settling in

Post by SouthernComfort » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:55 am

As for 'coming out' to the guy that I'm with, how you do that depends on how close you are. I was on the phone talking to the guy I'm with (and have been for almost a yer) 6 months ago about this very thing. Him and I were on the phone, and I asked if I could tell him something without him judging me. And he said yes, and I told him first how I was rcieving counceling, and then I told him that I cut. It was a long time untill I showed him. He has been such a support link for me.

You could perhaps write him a letter, or email. Or just sit down in person.

Just be honest, ask him if he wants to ask any questions, and see how it goes.

I hope that goes well for you hun :)

Tamrick
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Tamrick » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:29 pm

Hi and welcome to the boards :moo:

This forum has a lot of ideas for things you can do other than SIing and it would be worth looking around it. You can get a lot of support on here too. It is often a better idea to tell your bf that sometimes you battle to cope with your feelings and see how it goes from there. Ask him what he does when he is angry, frustrated, upset etc. and take the conversation from there.

Welcome again and hope you get the help and support you need here.

Tamrick
“A Sunrise is God's way of saying, "Let's start again.”
― Todd Stocker