Does anyone?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Queen Zandra Ava
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Does anyone?

Post by Queen Zandra Ava » Fri May 27, 2005 5:26 am

Does anyone play dress up when they want to SI? I decided that I want to look like the lead singer from my chemical romance tomorrow. I got the make-up all down and have the clothes. Does it ever make anyone feel any better? I think I'm going to try it.
I cannot feel in Life I must have others do it for me here in the theater. ~ The Libertine
:rose:
:60_days_si_free:

mallie
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by mallie » Fri May 27, 2005 8:16 am

I've not quite done that (that I can think of anyway)

But what I have done is spend a long time doing things that make me feel looked after - long shower, fiddling about with various face creams and such (that I normally don't bother with) and then painting my nails and doing my hair and such and just being a girly girl for a while. This sort of thing can help sometimes, if I have the energy to get started.

I think its worth a try :) Let us know how it goes.

Elena
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by Elena » Fri May 27, 2005 9:46 pm

Sometimes I get this feeling that I don't want to SI in my room because it's messy and I feel suffocated. So, I clean my room, and change into clothes that look nice, etc. By the time I'm done, I don't feel like SI-ing anymore. To me cleaning my room makes me feel like I'm at the same time cleaning my life- like even if I can't control my life, I can control my surroundings.
hugs always welcome

VowsOfSadness
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by VowsOfSadness » Fri May 27, 2005 10:51 pm

I often, when alone at night and feeling urgey I will do my makeup sometimes give my self bruises or other off things. When I feel down sometimes I will buy a new outfit or wear one I feel sexy in to bring me up.
*Challenges welcome*
I always love a :lpurpstar:

I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized we're all in this together.

Drop by my place & say hi :)
Ask me anything!!!

I'm fully Recovered!

(*Haven*)
cow control
cow control

Post by (*Haven*) » Mon May 30, 2005 3:13 pm

Yeah, I often find my dressing up when I'm feeing really down. I'll put together outfits I think will look good together. Sometimes I actually do get a good outfit out of it and keep myself occupied enough not to cut.
:ylwstar: My Place :ylwstar: Visitors are welcome. New First Post 12/16/08
Forever Satan of RW
Married to Reine, nicki, han & klove
WDS, snowangel, kicks, figment & Chey (plus kitties) belong to me!
Stef is my twin
Klove's partner....(in crime! Get your mind outta the gutter already!)

:.*.:NO HUGS:.*.:

Beasty
troll sniper
troll sniper

Post by Beasty » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:59 pm

Sometimes I do that. Like, when I feel really down I will dress in black and grey, I'll put on mascara, dark eyeshadow, eyeliner, make my face really pale and my lips a dark grey or black. Just looking like a mess and looking terrible makes me feel better
"No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There’s always a boom tomorrow. What? Look, somebody’s got to have some damn perspective around here. Boom, sooner or later. BOOM!" - Susan Ivanova

Eisa = Beasty's Twin

Beasty's Place!