coping with SU thoughts

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Weetzie Bat
post laureate
post laureate

coping with SU thoughts

Post by Weetzie Bat » Tue May 17, 2005 4:53 pm

How do you do it???

I'm extremely SU at the moment and am trying to wait it out until it goes away as an alternative to the hospital.

Green Beauty
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Green Beauty » Tue May 17, 2005 8:13 pm

Hey there, i may not be very good at advice for this, but from my experience i found talking to someone close to you helps and/or just being around people.

I realise that isnt very good but that is how i coped. I really hope you take care of yourself. Pm me if you need to talk.

Alex

Omnia vincit amor
Member of the Welcome wagon
Shh be quiet, You might piss somebody off
Proud member and loyal spoon of OATS - Oldies Against Text Speak
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
Skipping and a jumping, In the misty morning fog with, Our hearts a thumpin' and you, My brown eyed girl

limestone
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by limestone » Tue May 17, 2005 8:52 pm

call a hotline

anywhere_but_here
one of us
one of us

Post by anywhere_but_here » Wed May 18, 2005 9:17 pm

I personally lock myslef in a room with no sharp objects, ropes, etc and suffer it out. I try to sleep and when I wake up, Im not as SU as I was before. Sleep cures all my pain for me, you cant feel pain when your unconcious, and thats why I get SU. Hope I helped, but I probably didnt. I personally dislike this method :P
"i scream until my veins collapse
ive waited as my times elapsed
Now, All I do is live with so much fate
I've wished for this, I've bitched at that
I've left behind this little fact:
You cannot kill what you did not create "
Slipknot- Duality

badgirl22
driving instructor
driving instructor

Post by badgirl22 » Mon May 23, 2005 7:32 am

Sometimes talking to someone close to you helps..sometimes just being in the same room helps, and sometimes just watching mindless tv helps..depends on what helps you..maybe think of things you can do and write a list so that next time you have the list to look at when you are in crisis like that???I dono..personally when I am not doing well I tend to not know what to do even if it is right infront of my face...Anyway, just a suggestion.
-Badgirl22

Weetzie Bat
post laureate
post laureate

Post by Weetzie Bat » Mon May 23, 2005 2:17 pm

writing a list is a great idea. I'll do that :) thanks

x :star: x

badgirl22
driving instructor
driving instructor

Post by badgirl22 » Tue May 24, 2005 3:25 am

anytime I can be of some use I will be. your welcome.
-Badgirl22

arianwen1174
building community
building community

Post by arianwen1174 » Sun May 29, 2005 8:17 am

I think about the people who would be totally lost without me. I recently came very close to SUing and at the last minute I just couldn't do it because I couldn't stop thinking about the people I love. I thought most of my kitty and how bewildered she would be if I wasn't there and she got shuttled around to who-knows-where. Then I thought about my kids, who have gone through plenty because of my mental illness anyway. Then my friends and family... Thinking about these people wasn't the total answer, I also had to go get help and ended up staying in a respite house for close to a week. But thinking about how hard my death would be on those who love me got me to at least get help.
Kali (previously known as Michelle)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Hugs are always welcome!
I'm not around much and rarely reply to folks but being here always helps me. You're all amazing.