*SI* Slipped after 3 weeks

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Invisible_tears
settling in
settling in

*SI* Slipped after 3 weeks

Post by Invisible_tears » Wed May 18, 2005 10:03 pm

I just SI'd after 3 weeks of being SI free. And I can't believe how normal and good it felt. Someone remind me why it;s good to stop SI when it feels so good? Why is it such a big deal? I need to get back to the place where I hated my scars and wanted to stop, I'm not there now but I know that's the right place to be. Someone please help me get back there, I want to start doing it every day again, I need someone to help me see why this is bad - I know I did think it was, but I don't anymore.
I hope that made some kind of sense and someone can find it in their heart to help me.
Determined to get better.

falling...
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by falling... » Wed May 18, 2005 10:20 pm

Congrats on being SI free for 3 weeks, thats great. You need to try and find another way of coping, easier said than done, have you looked at the questions in before and after? I have found them to be quite helpful in showing me that i can live without SI, that i dont NEED it as such

take care, feel free to PM me if there is anything i can do
xXx
Last edited by falling... on Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

mallie
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by mallie » Thu May 19, 2005 1:43 am

Reasons not to SI vary from person to person. It is YOUR reasons that should matter the most to you. Have you ever written that out for yourself before?

Hating your scars and wanting to stop isn't the only place or the "right" place to be in order to look after yourself. Self hate is probably not the most useful place to be, better to think of stopping SI as an act of self care, that you deserve, rather than hating how you are now.

Ultimately, SI won't help you. It might help short term, and feel good, but its not looking after you, or giving you what you need. Its a temporary fix. You can find other things to try to get you through. One thing to think about each time you think of SI, is will that help you to look after yourself and get to where you want/need to be. Very rarely will the answer to that be yes, but looking at it, and why each time is useful. The questions on before/after, or the ones on the top of this forum might help with that.

Good luck. And good on you for looking for support on this :gooddeal:

Invisible_tears
settling in
settling in

Post by Invisible_tears » Fri May 20, 2005 9:29 pm

Thank you so much falling and mallie for your kind replies - it really means something that people read and reply, so thank you *hugs*
The questions are definitely something to think about, which I will - and thinking of ways to properly take care of myself when I want to SI is a good idea :) I might start rubbing vit E into my s cars again, that felt like I was helping myself get better.
Thanks again, your replies really meant a lot to me. *hugs* to both of you, and I hope you're both ok.
Determined to get better.