Trying To Stop But Its SOO hard.

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

JustLonelyMe
one of us
one of us

Trying To Stop But Its SOO hard.

Post by JustLonelyMe » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:35 am

I cut in my 8th grade year and some in my 9th grade year but then I stopped for a little while. Then everything got soo bad so I started up again. Now Im in 10th grade and trying to stop. Taking care of my brothers and sisters and trying to keep straight a's and trying to be strong for everyone is tough and Im trying to stop again. I havent cut in a week or two..I think. I wanna do it SOOO bad but Im trying not to. Ive tried alot of the stuff on the suggestion list and it works a little bit but then I just wanna cut again. Does anyone have any suggestions??? If you want you can PM me if you dont wanna post on here. Thanks!
:star: JLM

JustLonelyMe
one of us
one of us

Post by JustLonelyMe » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:51 am

Omg.... I failed AGAIN!!! I cut and burned. Then I sat here and asked myself why I did it and the only thing I came up with is Im soo lonely and everythings too hard. Im too weak! I cant take any of this anymore. those 2 weeks I didnt do anything to hurt myself just got flushed away!! GOD! Im sooo mad at myself!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

*ballerina_barbie*
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by *ballerina_barbie* » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:07 am

what time of the day are you most likely to SI?

im here whenever you need me

luv ell
Alone...alone on earth, alone in my room, alone surrounded by people

Pushing Through

Ne vous inquiétez pas, la lumière à la fin du tunnel est seulement un train de marchandises

JustLonelyMe
one of us
one of us

Post by JustLonelyMe » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:33 am

I usually SI at night cuz I have more free time and I have chores to do. Thats when I usually cut or burn and I cry for hours.

Thanks!!! Love ya.

Priceless
staff member emeritus
staff member emeritus
Location: Theres something rotten in the state of Denmark, and its not me!

Post by Priceless » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:47 pm

im sorry you sied, but dont feel bad, just see it as a slip and then get back on the horse, you can do it.
TC P

<center>
|| my place *read 1 post please* || my livejournal || || my deviant-art ||
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
-- Frank Outlaw

Proud member of OATS - Oldies against text speak

</center>

Tamrick
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Tamrick » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:31 pm

Hang in there. It is hard to stop SI at first, but it gets better with practice.

You have already figured a few things out - you SI at night usually and when you are lonely.

Could you perhaps change your evening routine somehow - spend time with your siblings when you feel like you might want to cut, phone someone perhaps or talk to your parents even. Talk about anything except SI.

Why do you need to get straight As and look after everyone? That is a lot to ask of someone who is in grade 10. Go easy on yourself. You need to look after you. Tell yourself how wonderful you are - because you are. You don't need to prove it - and anyway, getting an A has nothing to do with being wonderful.

Do something nice for yourself. Take a long bath, write yourself an "I love myself" letter, watch Tv or a movie you like.

Tamrick
“A Sunrise is God's way of saying, "Let's start again.”
― Todd Stocker

JustLonelyMe
one of us
one of us

Post by JustLonelyMe » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:59 pm

Thanks. Im gunna try to figure some way to change my schedule so I can spend more time with my family at night or something so I wont get lonely and SI.

I have to get straight a's becuase if i dont I get grounded for at least three weeks and I have to take care of my siblings cuz if I dont no one will. I dont see me as wonderful. I see my self as pathetic and weak. My parents have told me I was too...

Thanks again. Im having a tough day so and I need to go cook dinner so Ill talk to yall later.

*ballerina_barbie*
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by *ballerina_barbie* » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:43 am

some really good ideas there. hope your day was ok today.
*hugs*
ell
Alone...alone on earth, alone in my room, alone surrounded by people

Pushing Through

Ne vous inquiétez pas, la lumière à la fin du tunnel est seulement un train de marchandises

Space_Man
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Space_Man » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:07 am

JustLonelyMe wrote:I have to get straight a's becuase if i dont I get grounded for at least three weeks and I have to take care of my siblings cuz if I dont no one will. I dont see me as wonderful. I see my self as pathetic and weak. My parents have told me I was too...
[…bites tongue…struggles to refrain from responding…fails miserably!]

Sorry, but—speaking as a parent myself—the words and actions of your parents sound quite shameful. You sound like a wonderful kid, and (IMO) your parents don’t deserve you.