coping with things that happened in the past?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

nirvana
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

coping with things that happened in the past?

Post by nirvana » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:41 am

hey bussers... i'm not sure if this will make sense. generally i'm impulsive and outspoken, so if someone pisses me off i tell them. but i get frustrated very easily. and i realize that, so i try not to let little things bother me otherwise i get upset all the time. but in the end, the little things build up. so when i'm in a bad mood, all i can think of are those little things that shouldn't matter but pissed me off anyway. then i bring them up in stupid fights while i'm still mad. it's frustrating me and the few people i trust, because we don't know how to deal with it. i mean i guess it helps that i realize what i'm doing, and that it's not fair to my friends. i think i'm looking for advice, or if anyone can relate? if this was too confusing, i can try again. :-?
thank you.
xxx tara.
i thought i was a fool for no one, but baby i'm a fool for you.

[safe since february 2005.]

PoisonIvy
building community
building community

Post by PoisonIvy » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:15 am

I do that all the time. Its such a pain. I just finished fighting with my boyfriend because he was going away for a day to visit his best friend for his birthday. I'm not too upset about it, i've just kept all these little things inside and he was just the first one around for me to explode at. I haven't found anyway to control it, but just know that I relate. If you want to vent sometime, or just want to talk, know that I'm here, and that I *want* to help you.

:heart: Meagan
NO HUGS PLEASE
It takes hold and it won't let go . . .

VowsOfSadness
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by VowsOfSadness » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:13 pm

I dont really know what to say except our not alone. All the time little things don't really bother me then theres just this point where I break and I start bringing them up in fights and it ruins everything. People think that I hold grudges but its not that really.
*Challenges welcome*
I always love a :lpurpstar:

I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized we're all in this together.

Drop by my place & say hi :)
Ask me anything!!!

I'm fully Recovered!

budman
one of us
one of us

Post by budman » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:40 am

i know exactlywhat you mean but i start aurguments over it, i just try to ignore, and forget about it, but most of the time i cant, but just try to ignore those little things, it works sometimes.

Thunder_chey

Post by Thunder_chey » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:51 am

I think your post was basicly what I wanted to post just now. I want to know as well how to deal with past issues. I feel like I talk and talk to people but the anger is still there. Maby someone elce will have some good advice. I did find though writeing was good for me. I wrote an angry letter to my mom today. im not going to send it to her, but just the act of writing made me feel a bit better. I think I should keep that writing thing up.

Chey

hbhpoems
settling in
settling in

Post by hbhpoems » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:09 pm

You are right one. Right now the hardest thing is my past abusive experiences I want through. It seems to be the huge tigger to SI. I want to heal from it but it is very hard. I am in counseling which is a huge help. I want the desires to SI go away but it has not.

:1_week_si_free: [/img]