advice

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

PoorSlain Doll
settling in
settling in

advice

Post by PoorSlain Doll » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:00 pm

Last edited by PoorSlain Doll on Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VowsOfSadness
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by VowsOfSadness » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:33 pm

something I love to do when I'm very angry is take a cup od Ice outside to my back yard (there is a sidewalk out there. then I throw them and smash them--It feels like real glass.

I dunno, sometimes it feels very good.
*Challenges welcome*
I always love a :lpurpstar:

I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized we're all in this together.

Drop by my place & say hi :)
Ask me anything!!!

I'm fully Recovered!

PoorSlain Doll
settling in
settling in

Post by PoorSlain Doll » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:09 pm

Last edited by PoorSlain Doll on Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Green Beauty
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Green Beauty » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:54 pm

Heya and welcome to bus, i hope you find all the help and support you need here.

From you post its clearly evident that you have alot of willpower especially seeing as you went 8 months withough SH. And even after a few slipups you have gone yet another 2 months. This is incredible and it shows great strength. When you feel as f you need to SH or when it is all you think about just remember you DO have the courage to keep urges at bay you have shown this already. It can be tough at times but talking to family or friends, or even people on BUS can help matters greatly.

Another option is possible therapy, just a thought.

I hope all works out well with your boyfriend you obviously care alot about eachother and he may have made some mistakes but standing by you and helping you to overcome SH was a great thing. Make sure you just keep talking to him, express how you really feel.

:)

I wish you all the best and i know you can prove yourself yet again. Stay stong. Pm me anytime if needed.

Alex

Tamrick
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Tamrick » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:17 pm

Welcome to the board :moo:

I'm sorry you are having a hard time right now. It sounds like you need to have a good chat with your boyfriend though, not only about the SI, but about where the two of you stand with each other.

It is natural that when things go wrong we want to fix them. When we know SI then it often seems the solution to almost any problem, but it causes more problems often.

Distractions are good, but they also don't solve the problem. You need to talk to someone about what is going on - either in therapy or just with the people who upset you or trigger you.

Take care of yourself.

Tamrick
“A Sunrise is God's way of saying, "Let's start again.”
― Todd Stocker

Suze
settling in
settling in

Post by Suze » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:01 pm

Hi , welcome to the board.

If you want strong sensations to make you feel alive you could try chewing something hot like raw ginger root or chillis. I find that this works sometimes as I can just lose myself in the sensation in my mouth and forget how unhappy I feel for a while!

Good luck - I know you'll get through this.