what to do?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

dogsrbest
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

what to do?

Post by dogsrbest » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:30 am

what do you do when your world feels like it's spinning out of control and it's about too crash down around your ears? it has been a reaaly hard week. too many very stressful things one after the other. i hurt inside and wish i could cry but there are no tears left for me. i've so far managed to not smash my head into a wall but the hurt is almost overwhelming. i want to run away and hide somewhere that no one will find me.

Bathelina
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by Bathelina » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:51 am

:1hug: :1hug: :1hug:

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad :1hug:

Is there anything that usually calms you down? Sometimes, when I'm overwhelmed, I just go to sleep, and it helps a lot, so maybe you could try it; it might work for you too :)

Here are some links that might help you:

viewtopic.php?t=61042

viewtopic.php?t=14861

Hope you're feeling better soon!
Love and hugs,
Hannah x x :1hug: :)
<center>

the girl who blocked her own shot

I want to be better than oxygen.

</center>

marylou
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by marylou » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:22 pm

**sits with you**

I know exactly where you're at, or at least I think I do. Things seem pretty out of control for me just now too. But you know what I worked out the other day? That even though SH helps me, it doesn't actually stop me feeling like everything is out of control. It helps me to EXPRESS how I'm feeling, but it doesn't CHANGE how I'm feeling. It doesn't stop everything spinning out of control.
In fact, there's nothing I can do to stop most of the things happening in my life right now. I just have to let it be.
I know it's hard, and I hate not being in control. But it's also really good and peaceful to finally have come to a place of acceptance that I can't control everything. I have to let it go.

I found it helpful to write down everything that's out of my control and then at the bottom to write, This is out of control. I keep it in my journal (which I write in before I SH) and I read it over quite alot and remind myself that I have to just let it go.
I dunno, it sounds kinda stupid, but maybe it'll help. Either way, I read and I hope that helps too.

marylou.
"You loosen my chains and just ask me to trust you. But it's so much easier this way, even though I know that I am bound."