Questions to vent

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

VowsOfSadness
sock rocker
sock rocker

Questions to vent

Post by VowsOfSadness » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:15 am

i havent cut in a week or so, im having slight urges *doing this more to vent and understand urges*
TRIGGERS
* Please be careful this may or may not trigger u

*how will this situation or feeling change if i hurt myself?
---I will have something to feel sad about (since I am happy, but I feel sad)

*what will hurting myself bring to the situation? what will it take away from the situation?
--SOmething to feel sad about, another excuse for myself. I will not learn anything about dealing with urges so I will take away nothing

*how do i want to feel about this in the long run? is hurting myself likely to get me closer to or farther from feeling that way?
--No long run benefit, only more confusion mess things up more. I may have somthing to cry about, but isn't that worse

*if hurting myself seems like my best option right now, how long will the relief it brings last? what will i do then?
--I will have punished myself for being sad when I should be happy I will give myself a specific reason I will be able to say, "look, see this cut? This is why I am sad" :bawl:

*what is something i could do now instead of hurting myself? how will it change the situation i'm in? how long will that change last, and what will i do then?
--Get a hug, try to talk about my feelings with a friend, try to understnad my feelings so I can cope better

*how will i feel tomorrow if i hurt myself? how will i feel tomorrow if i do the other thing i came up with?
--SI:Like crap embarrassed, stupid, dumb, take your pick HUGS AND OTHER THINGS:stupid, attenion seeker, dumb, weak

*what do i really want to do right now? how can i best honor the self-protective instinct that has me wanting to self-injure right now?
--WHat I really want to do is just cry, but I don't want to let myself because I have no reason.
this is how I feel on the inside---> :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:
*Challenges welcome*
I always love a :lpurpstar:

I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized we're all in this together.

Drop by my place & say hi :)
Ask me anything!!!

I'm fully Recovered!

nirvana
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by nirvana » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:23 pm

congratulations on one week free. :) and i'm proud of you for posting here to help better understand your feelings.

in a lot of your answers, you sounded like you don't feel you have a reason to be sad. why do you feel like you need something concrete (an event, problem, etc.) to validate your sadness? emotions are complicated, and it can be very hard to understand what you're feeling or why you're feeling it. but you don't need a reason to feel something. sometimes your mind does it's own thing, and you can't control it or validate it, you can only try to understand it or learn to cope with the feelings better.

why should you be happy? i don't think we're ever supposed to feel a certain way, because what makes one person happy can upset another person. so you don't need to be happy. you can just be... whatever you're feeling.

:1hug3: so you have a hug. :) do you have someone you can trust to call up/visit right now? or anytime you're feeling triggered?

i'm sorry you're feeling badly right now. i read, and i'm here if you want to talk.
love, tara.
i thought i was a fool for no one, but baby i'm a fool for you.

[safe since february 2005.]

VowsOfSadness
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by VowsOfSadness » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:34 am

Thanks so much for posting...and for the hug I needed that
*Challenges welcome*
I always love a :lpurpstar:

I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized we're all in this together.

Drop by my place & say hi :)
Ask me anything!!!

I'm fully Recovered!