Lonely...

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Lonely...

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:10 am

I'm so lonely...and i miss SI soooooo much. Theres two guys at school who show there cut up arms with the anarchy symbol and words like f*ck you and hate etched in there knuckles. I try so hard to not get mad at them...it's irritating that they SI just to 'fit in' and they think it's just some big joke... :cry: but its NOT ONE BIT funny. It feels as if all my feelings were invalid when i was SI'ing. I guess i was just wondering if any of you gracious people have felt the same way? take gentle care.......
love broken_little_girl

nirvana
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by nirvana » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:12 am

*sits with you* i've felt like that. but they may just be ignorant jerks who will never learn. i'm sorry you saw people like that, and i wish i had words to make you feel better. but i read, and i understand. i'm here if you need me. *gentle cuddles*
love, tara.
i thought i was a fool for no one, but baby i'm a fool for you.

[safe since february 2005.]

cocolovett
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by cocolovett » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:58 am

hey sweetie, im sorry you feel so alone. you do know you can pm me whenever you want & for ANYTHING, dont you? you can, i promise.

my "boyfriend" said some pretty harsh things, too. (we wnet out for about 2 weeks & we broke up & we still dont know much about eachother so i dont really think he was a boyfriend)

we were in spanish & we were supposed to write a dear abby thing in spanish-- you know, i have a problem how do i fix it type thing. he was sitting behind me & wasnt even talking to me but i could hear him perfectly. (btw- he doesnt know i SI) anyways he jokingly said something like this as an example--- my wrists are covered in blood & ive been contemplating suicide for 3 months!!!!!!!!-- how much of a jerk can you be??? he obviously doesnt think that anyone he knows could possibly SI & he doesnt think its a real problem.
but of course i dont say anything-- 1) cuz i dont want anyone IRL to know i SI & 2) i dont have enough self-esteem to confront him.
he obviously doesnt know it but thats just about the meanest thing someone could say.

& ive been SU for about 4 months & i do have bloody wrists!!! grrrr!!!!!!!!! that makes me so mad.

i kinda know where youre coming from on this one. & sorry to ramble.
Take care of yourself BLG.
love,
~coco

i dont want you to feel alone anymore.
life just keeps getting harder. i never get a break. i want a family. ive just had 2 people that are close to me die within weeks of eachother. i have to live with my dad for one more month which seems like forever from now & everyones always trying to control me & i hate it. i just wish i had a little freedom & could do what i want to & be my own person.
i think my goal is to make it through this next school year & then move in with a friend (that wont control me) & then i guess ill see what happens from there. i think this goal is my first big goal that im actually serious about... & it took 18 years to just be able to do that............

BlackTara
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by BlackTara » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:33 am

Some people SI as a way of communicating what they are feeling. I know it can be a trigger to see wounds, but there is more than meets the eye with these guys. I would bet there are people telling them that what they are doing is wrong and insulting them for it. If it were only approval from their peers that they wanted, they would likely choose a different way of going about that.

There were people like that in my high school too, but they were my friends. I hid my wounds and they showed them, but it seemed to stem from the same kind of pain for both types.