just thoughts.

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

raven
quintessential regular
quintessential regular

just thoughts.

Post by raven » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:57 am

wow it's been forever since i posted here...

i've got a little more than three hours left in my life as a minor. i'm turning 18 tomorrow, though i suppose in england i'm already 18, since it's already february 10 there. what a strange thought.

*si*

the last time i deliberately injured myself was June 15, 2004. that means i've been si-free for more than 6 months. though i cut myself more than 20 times that day, which is saying something since usually i only cut three or four times at a time.

i think it hasn't been too difficult because i left bus and so SI or SI-ers weren't constantly on my mind, but this week i've just felt so heavy. heavy-laden with sadness. i don't know why. and this birthday business is irritating me. not that i don't want to get older - i don't care about that, and i don't think i ever will (after all, every year i live means a nother year closer to Heaven and to my mother). i just don't want all this attention, when i deserve nothing, or less than that. and i feel like it's false attention. people care because they want to show that they care so they seem like good people... because at other times, what am i to them? (which is a very cynical and depressing view of people... but oh well) and how do i possibly celebrate a birthday when the person who gave birth to me is dead?

i think i just want to sleep and not get up. it's one of those times, when nothing feels like it will ever be ok again. and how can it be?

:(

p.s. sorry for posting in coping; i didn't want attention on the main board and i don't want to post in my place because i know certain people will read it and feel bad. feel free to remove this post...
"life is short but sweet for certain."
^dave matthews band

"I don't understand how you manage to love a mob of birds that has just tried to kill you."
"Oh, Fletch, you don't love that! You have to practice and see the real gull, the good in every one of them, and to help them see it in themselves. That's what I mean by love."
^richard bach, jonathan livingston seagull

nirvana
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Re: just thoughts.

Post by nirvana » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:13 am

raven wrote:i think i just want to sleep and not get up. it's one of those times, when nothing feels like it will ever be ok again. and how can it be?
that bit really stuck out to me. i've felt that way countless times. i wish i had more advice, but i read everything. i'm sorry things are hard right now, but six months is wonderful. :pinkheart:

please take gentle care; i'm here if you want to talk.
love, tara.
i thought i was a fool for no one, but baby i'm a fool for you.

[safe since february 2005.]

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:08 pm

i think... birthdays... & any holiday... are kinda funny things. in terms of how some people really get excited about them... & people can have very different ways of celebrating them... etc.
a birthday can be simply to celebrate that you are alive. or look at what you've done the past year & what you hope to do this coming year.
or take time out to remember your mom.
people do die. it's a part of life. people do die & life goes on.
it sounds like you have people in your life who care a lot about you. maybe talk with them about your feelings toward your birthday... maybe you can come up with a plan to celebrate your birthday & have it not be such a sad & stressful thing for you...
good luck :grnstar: