quitting? *si*

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Sarita
settling in
settling in

quitting? *si*

Post by Sarita » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:21 am

since i've come to this site, i've found all these helpful suggestions on quitting and distraction...when i first started SIing, i was really scared of it and now i'm more comfortable in myself with doing it and i keep feeling like the only reason i keep trying to quit is to satisfy everyone else's comfort levels. I never feel ashamed when i cut, but when i try to hide the cuts i feel more ashamed than i ever have in my life...it hurts to hide them because i almost feel like i'm hiding something that IS me and i don't want that. I used to just walk around after siing with sleeveless shirts on not caring who saw, but my ex made me feel really concious about cutting, like i was a horrible person for it and now that i am concious, i can't just walk around sleeveless anymore, i'm not secure in it and it makes me feel horribly ashamed. anyone else feel this way? please, tell me!
scream me something beautiful
a bright red scream
scream me something hideous
jagged and piercing
scream me something...

treasure
forum moderator - workshop & before & after
forum moderator - workshop & before & after

Post by treasure » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:31 am

i've only rarely had the confidence to show my scars in public... i usually where long sleeves but every hot day, or even slightly warm day, i feel like everyone can see that i'm wearing long sleeves. i try so hard to let myself be myself but i'm so ashamed if anyone saw what i do/ saw who i am/ saw how i'm not coping....
people's reactions (if we ever tell) can really affect how we see si. by being ashamed etc... and sometimes i feel like i'm disappointing ppl who know cos they all want it to stop and i can't stop...
treasure
virtual hugs welcome.
shiny place or old place

Sarita
settling in
settling in

Post by Sarita » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:48 pm

that's just it though, i don't care if people see, i'm more ashamed that i hide my scars than that i have them. i love my scars and i don't want to hide them anymore.
scream me something beautiful
a bright red scream
scream me something hideous
jagged and piercing
scream me something...