School

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Aly
beyond inspiring
beyond inspiring

School

Post by Aly » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:51 pm

Im sure theres been threads about this before, but can anyone give me some advice on how to help during school.
I SI a lot in school, but if i dont take my tool with me, i get almost panic attacks. I find that school is the most stressful, and least safe place for me to be, but as of tomorrow, i have to be there a lot.
I guess what im looking for is ways for me to not get so stressed and triggered in school.
Can anyone give me any help?
thank u
p.s, in school i cut to concentrate better, to make me feel less sad (due to what a person may have said to me), to stop me feelign so uptight (if there's a difficult subject in the lesson), ect. ect.
The wind and I, we speak the same, but he don’t hear so well.
Well, you’re gonna have to curse him, well you’re gonna have to yell.
The sky and I, we’ve had our fights and I’m coming round to rain,
Well, if the rain come round and it don’t come out, then I’ll never have to speak again,
I can tick tick tick tick tick tick tick away.

If Heaven is as Heaven does then this is Hell for sure...

Angl06
growing roots
growing roots

Post by Angl06 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:28 pm

When I'm in school I have to take mental breaks.

I do this whole relaxion thing my T taught me.....

I close my eyes and focus on my breathing... then I relax my whole body. It takes about a min or so. Then I think of the place that I want to be right now.... it could be home, could be the beach, could be in someones arms.... anywhere you want. And you visualize your self in that place. Think of what you see. Look to the right, left, and all around you. Really get into that place. Then think of what you feel physically, the wind, the warmth... ect. Then feel your emotion. (Obviously it should be positive) I normally do it for 5 mins or so. It pretty much just looks like you're asleep... and it gives me a break so I can get back to school

Hope this helps

VowsOfSadness
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by VowsOfSadness » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:01 pm

I know EXACTLy what you mean about bringing your tool. It gives me a sense of sucrity like something to fall back on, when I don't bring it I think, what now, whats going to happen when I need it.

at school I always allow myself what they called at my partial, self-appointed calm-down or time-out, I will take the pass and use it to take a rest, walk around the halls remove myself from the situation for a few minutes I never deny myself this.

I made up these questions I ask myself at school along with the other ones on the board to tell me about my situate (more in the way of it possibly happening)

QUESTIONS TO ACCESS SITUATION

I have the urge to hurt myself

I have a plan to hurt myself.

I am having thoughts of suicide or/and death

I have a plan to commit suicide or have thought of ways to commit suicide (give specific details when, where, how)

I feel I may be a danger to others (serious plans or thoughts to harm specific or unspecified people, who, when, where)

I am having Panic/Anxiet attacks (details about last attack)

I have something (on me/with me/in my things) that I may (or have a plan to use) to hurt myself.

(list) Places I usually go while in school (or if at home, then home) to harm myself (ex restrooms, closet, empty hall)
*it is good to tell a friend or someone like a guidence counsellor about this so they can keep an eye out if you can't

I need my arm clean up or examined

I need to be alone (can contract for saftey if alone)

I need to be with someone

I usually share these with my guidence couns. or close friends, sometimes I keep them to myself just to acess the situation.
*Challenges welcome*
I always love a :lpurpstar:

I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized we're all in this together.

Drop by my place & say hi :)
Ask me anything!!!

I'm fully Recovered!

Aly
beyond inspiring
beyond inspiring

Post by Aly » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:07 pm

Hey, thanks both of you for replying....
Ill try both of the things you have suggested! thanks for sharing them! :)
xxxtc allxxx
The wind and I, we speak the same, but he don’t hear so well.
Well, you’re gonna have to curse him, well you’re gonna have to yell.
The sky and I, we’ve had our fights and I’m coming round to rain,
Well, if the rain come round and it don’t come out, then I’ll never have to speak again,
I can tick tick tick tick tick tick tick away.

If Heaven is as Heaven does then this is Hell for sure...