telling someone? *si*

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

kissthesky46
one of us
one of us

telling someone? *si*

Post by kissthesky46 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:25 am

I don't know how to tell my boyfriend about my SI. We've been friends for about 6 months and started dating a few weeks ago. I want to tell him because he's already curious about why I wear armbands all the time (to cover my scars) and I don't want him to find out and be upset that I didn't tell him. Still I don't want it to be like I'm unloading on him because I'm worried he'll freak, even though he seems like the type who'd just be supportive you never know, you know?

By the way I'm new and all the people here seem incredible... I hope this place will help me to stop. :star:

PoisonIvy
building community
building community

Post by PoisonIvy » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:43 pm

fist off, welcome to BUS :moove: and I really do hope that it helps you overcome some of the problems you may be having

about your boyfriend, I know what you're going through, and I promise you that you'll feel so much better once you don't feel like you're hiding it anymore. Also, if he really cares about you he will be supportive. He might get upset at first, no one likes to know that someone hurts themselves, but if you give him a little bit of time he will eventually come around.

I don't really know much else to say, good luck, and if you need anything, know that I am here for you. You can PM me, or add me to msn, I'm always here to talk!

Meagan
NO HUGS PLEASE
It takes hold and it won't let go . . .