Making more of an effort to stop. *possible SI trigger*

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

esaeler
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Making more of an effort to stop. *possible SI trigger*

Post by esaeler » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:08 am

Lately I've been really sick, and my biggest fear was going to see a doctor, since that would probably have meant the discovery of my SI. I never want to have to feel that paranoia again, so I've decided to make a bigger effort to stop than I ever have before.

Does anyone have any suggestions that could really help me? I need all the help I can get, and anything is appreciated.

Who knows? Maybe I'll even get the strength to finally get rid of my tools...for good.
i live a lie, one i keep inside
forgive me for what i am about to do
i fall again with every stroke
it takes my breath as i begin to choke..

-July 12, 2006 - March 28, 2007-
SI FREE for 8 months, 16 days.
Everyone slips.

kissthesky46
one of us
one of us

i'm sorry...

Post by kissthesky46 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:34 am

i don't have advice, sorry, but i wanted to say that i know how you feel... the paranoia is harder than the actual act. it's harder and harder to hide it from my parents every day. i hope you do decide to go to the doctor, maybe you could see a therapist first for suggestions?

i hope someone else has better advice.

BlackTara
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by BlackTara » Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:12 am

I suggest devoting a certain amount of time each day to the healthy coping strategy of your choice. Maybe writing, drawing, meditation, or singing helps you. You could devote an hour or so each day to this sort of activity. I've found that the more you express yourself in healthy ways, the less frequent and intense the urges become.