Willing to Help Anyone in Need

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Disciple
one of us
one of us

Willing to Help Anyone in Need

Post by Disciple » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:57 am

I am willing to help anyone or pray for anyone who is in Need. I use to Cut tried Drugs and stuff. I am training to be a Youth Minister. If you ever need to talk just PM me I'll be willing to help

Space_Man
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Re: Willing to Help Anyone in Need

Post by Space_Man » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:36 am

XCutXXStapleXXDiscipleX wrote:I am willing to help anyone or pray for anyone who is in Need. I use to Cut tried Drugs and stuff. I am training to be a Youth Minister. If you ever need to talk just PM me I'll be willing to help
Welcome to B.U.S. Two things caught my eye: 1.) that you are willing to “pray” for anyone in need, and 2.) that you are “training to be a youth minister.” Is the “help” that you are offering primarily religious then?

limestone
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by limestone » Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:17 pm

do you pray for yourself?

what is your thoughts on the power of pray?

where do you see yourself in 10 years time?

if you could start a revolution what would it be in and how would you effect it?

do you believe in yourself?

do you believe people have an inner source of strength which can, if accessed, lead them to change their lives around?

what is your definition of prayer?

can it be done in ways other than language/words?

what's the strongest prayer you've enaged in?

where do you believe courage comes from?

:uhhh:

pandora
town councillor
town councillor

Post by pandora » Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:26 am

Pray for me please, I really need help right now.
Sorry I don't have the energy or enough coherent words to say anything else right now- I feel so wiped out, and I'm scared.

Space_Man
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Space_Man » Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:18 pm

pandora wrote:...I'm scared.
You wanna tell us about it?

pandora
town councillor
town councillor

hmm

Post by pandora » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:48 pm

Sorry *edited*
Last edited by pandora on Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

kurdt_kobain
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by kurdt_kobain » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:37 am

It seems like you're dealing with a lot Pandora. That would take it's toll on anyone--you're very strong for being able to put up with that.

I can't offer you any advice. I don't think there is advice to give. But you've gotta take care of yourself before you can take care of anyone else.

Take care of yourself.
trying to follow in the footsteps of the masters,
but it's a lot harder than it looks because even though
they had the same size feet as us, they weren't looking
down the whole time while they walked to make sure
they were doing it right.
[story people]

pandora
town councillor
town councillor

Post by pandora » Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:59 am

Thanks for replying to this- it brings some reassurance just to know someone's out their.I think that's why I like bus, even if we don't have the answers , people care and take the time and effort to let people know that (even when THEY are struggling).It's nice to have the support.

Disciple
one of us
one of us

Post by Disciple » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:33 pm

do you pray for yourself?
Yes I do Pray for Myself

what is your thoughts on the power of pray?
The more People you get to Pray the More it Comforts and Heals

where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
Hopefully Adopted a Child Married and working w the Youth or Out speaking at Youth COnferences and Changing some Lives.

if you could start a revolution what would it be in and how would you effect it?
If I could start a Revolution it would be that everyone has a Pourepose in life and No one is too Bad or too Good to have God. God is Great he saved me from a Lot.

do you believe in yourself?
As in Belive you mean as in worship my Mind Body and Soul? No I believe God can do anything and He is everything to Believe in. I believe that I can do anything I set my mind to.

do you believe people have an inner source of strength which can, if accessed, lead them to change their lives around? Yes, that inner strength comes from God and God can do anything if you just trust and Believe in Him.

what is your definition of prayer?
Prayer to me is the act in wich I do to Lift up others to the Lord so he can Heal and Also to Listen and grow stronger in my walk with Christ

can it be done in ways other than language/words?
Yes you can just sit still and be quite and God can speak to you and Know whats going on

what's the strongest prayer you've enaged in?

We had a prayer for a Kid who was really troubled and there was about 10 of us and everybody was crying and feeling his Pain then God came and Calmed everybody and let us know He was working with the Kid who is Now my best friend in the whole world.

where do you believe courage comes from?
Courage comes from the Heart and from the Mercy and Grace of God.

dreams
growing roots
growing roots

Post by dreams » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:53 pm

Ok i'm just curious if you've given up and your here to help others why is your name so negative??

Sorry i know that sounds really rude it's just when i'm going through a bad time and looking for help and support its positive things i need to read. Alot of people on the board have names that reflect how they feel about themselves which is fine it's just a know i changed my name to be more positive as i'm begining to feel that way inside (sometimes)

How did you stop SI and using drugs?
Was the journey hard?
How do you feel about your past experiences now?
Would you like to share some of them with us?
:uhhh:

dreams :clover:
<center>

:redstar: I have been SI-free since 22nd November 2004 :redstar:

</center>

Disciple
one of us
one of us

Post by Disciple » Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:25 pm

How did you stop SI and using drugs?

I stoped using drugs and SI by turning to God and letting him control My life and keep me from doing these Bad things then I checked into a Rehab center.

Was the journey hard?
Yeah the Journey was Hard but I knew I could do it

How do you feel about your past experiences now?
About them Yeah I messed up and they still happened am I pround No am I happy about them A little cause Now I can Help others through what I went through

Would you like to share some of them with us?
No I don't Mind Ask me somtime

Space_Man
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Space_Man » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:08 pm

XCutXXStapleXXDiscipleX wrote:…Now I can Help others through what I went through…
So, is the “help” you are offering primarily Christian-based?

Disciple
one of us
one of us

Post by Disciple » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:02 am

Well It can be if you want me to and If you don't I won't Metion God so Bassically Yea Why?

Space_Man
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Space_Man » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:21 am

Disciple wrote:Well It can be if you want me to and If you don't I won't Metion God so Bassically Yea Why?
But, do you see the Christian faith as being an integral—and perhaps even necessary—component of ones recovery? I’m just curious, since you seem like such a zealous Christian yourself…

Disciple
one of us
one of us

Post by Disciple » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:30 am

Well........Yes and No....First Comes the Will of wanting to quit and to get help then COmes weather or Not you Believe or if God shows himself to you or you seek Him But God can Heal and do miricales if you Just Believe and Trust in him to Show you a way out

sine nomine
head llama
head llama

Post by sine nomine » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:34 am

heya. i appreciate your offer to help people, but you should probably know that the best way to help people on this board is to read and respond to their posts. sometimes people do come on and post an offer to help anyone who wants to pm, but a lot of people are suspicious of that sort of thing. it's not that they wouldn't trust your credentials, exactly; it's more that they'd feel like you were an outsider who saw us all as people who really need help, and that may put them off.

the one thing that most people on here can't get enough of is replies to their posts. read the main board, read this board, and post in response to what they're saying. you don't have to ask people to pm you if they need help -- they're already posting about their problems and anyone who's registered can respond and help them out.

deb

Space_Man
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Space_Man » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:42 am

Disciple wrote:…then COmes weather or Not you Believe or if God shows himself to you or you seek Him But God can Heal and do miricales if you Just Believe and Trust in him to Show you a way out
So, to your mind, do non-Christians have a tougher recovery than those who are Christian?
Last edited by Space_Man on Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dreams
growing roots
growing roots

Post by dreams » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:10 pm

Just to add to what Deb said, you might also find the spirituality forum of interest to you.

Thankyou for your offer of support but as Deb said the best way to give support in a place like BUS is to reply to peoples posts when they are asking for support.

dreams :clover:
<center>

:redstar: I have been SI-free since 22nd November 2004 :redstar:

</center>

Tainted
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

help??

Post by Tainted » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:51 am

Can you help me and my feelings of self hate?..can you help me with my feeling of worthlesness? Can you be there when i need a hand to hold and a shoulder to cry on and a loving look...not a judgmental one....He left me cause of it, and now i am alone and lost.......can you help me with that?
I pray for myself every day..and I pray that my daughter wont see my body....do you know what it is like to have to dress with the door locked so your 5yr old daughter doesnt see you? Can you help me with the overwhelming duties of being a single parent(with no family or feinds to help) I pray for myself everyday.....pray that i can make it through another day....and try very hard to make it a cut free day..a cut free day is like heaven to me....I taste the sweet victory....then i fail...and it falls...and one more piece of me dies.
<center>Image</center>
<center> :redstar:..Your words are deadly weapons, killing me, destroying me.. :redstar: <center><center> :redstar: I drown in him, but I cease to die, for he breaths life into me every second of the day :redstar: <center><center> :redstar: ..I will stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.. :redstar: </center>

Space_Man
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Space_Man » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:15 am

You sound very stressed-out and frustrated, Tainted. BTW, welcome to B.U.S., if no one has done so already. :)

Depending on how old you are (and if you have a 5-year old, I'm assuming you are probably at least 20 +), you might want to also check-out the ARC section as well (there are a lot of us w/ kids there)...