Drawing on yourself?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Bridget0688
creating your space
creating your space

Post by Bridget0688 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:03 pm

I draw words that express how I'm feeling about myself at the time; FREAK is most often written right under my thumb.

When I'm upset, I draw a lot of short lines on my wrist. The more upset I am, the more lines I draw.
http://busmail.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=68296 <-----My place, replies are welcome!!
Here I stand
Sad & free
I can't cry and I can't see
What I've done
Oh God...What have I done

artichoke
town councillor
town councillor

Post by artichoke » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:53 pm

Drew my X again. Had to move the location down a bit since my cousin's puppy scratched me a bit where I usually draw it. It's been a hard few days. I'm glad I started this thread though. Knowing why the drawing helps makes it work a little better.

:aard: an aardvark. for no reason. i'll name him bert.

artichoke

Sarita
settling in
settling in

Post by Sarita » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:41 am

yeah! drawing on my arm/pants/hands with red marker has been a real help!! i keep a small journal with me, i write down whatever is triggering me and then i draw cuts on my arms and my knuckles...plus a neat little idea that is helpful and it looks cool 9well, her eit is kindo f a fashion statement) is you can write lyrics on your pants...because it takes forever to write one sentence, you really have to concentrate on it and it takes your mind off of the trigs :D
-love
scream me something beautiful
a bright red scream
scream me something hideous
jagged and piercing
scream me something...