Scars...

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Bathelina
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Scars...

Post by Bathelina » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:07 pm

I don't SI any more, but I used to. I only did properly twice, and it was ages ago. But I scratched: which leaves huge marks. Willl they ever fade? There's one on each arm so I can't wear any short sleeved t-shirts and if I do I have to wear a jumper. I don't SI anymore and I certainly do not plan to but I'm just worried that I'll never be able to get rid of them completely? Can anybody help me? I'd really appreciate it.

Love,
Hannah :):):):)
<center>

the girl who blocked her own shot

I want to be better than oxygen.

</center>

cariad
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by cariad » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:21 pm

scares will fade to some degree.....some wont ever dissaper compleatly but eventually they will become alot less noticeable.
use e45 cream and vit E cream on them daily.
also people dont notice scars half as much as you think you do.
theres some kick ass excuse posts kicking around here somewhere.

im glad you dsont p[lan to si again
good luck and hold on.
xxxxxxxxxxx
:purpstar:

thatonechick
creating your space
creating your space

Post by thatonechick » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:26 pm

Along with that you can use makeup that matches your skin to camoflague them a bit, while you are waiting for them to fade up.

meap
one of us
one of us

Post by meap » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:37 pm

Or then you could wear them proudly and use them as a reminder of all the reasons everyday why you don't cut yourself anymore... There were times when I stopped cutting myself for several months, and you have no idea how good it felt to go outside, somewhere where people didn't know me, and let everyone see my scars (they weren't bloody anymore).
Get undressed and don't complain, you're an animal.