The inevitable (spoilered)

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Tom
creating your space
creating your space

The inevitable (spoilered)

Post by Tom » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:43 am

How do you get through times when si just seems inevitable? Often my urges take a long time to build up then something pushes me over the edge. Si has by then taken over my mind and the only way to forget about it and move on is to si. I wish I didn't have to and could cope and forget these si feelings another way.

limestone
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Re: The inevitable (spoilered)

Post by limestone » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:40 pm

Tom wrote: I wish I didn't have to and could cope and forget these si feelings another way.
hi Tom,

do you want to brainstorm 'another way' i.e. coping ways to help forget about the si feelings?

if you do, then you could start with 3, but if you *don't* then say. Maybe instead you might want to explore why the si feelings build up and think of other things to help lessen that happening.

what do you think?

Tom
creating your space
creating your space

Re: The inevitable (spoilered)

Post by Tom » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:18 pm

limestone wrote: hi Tom,

do you want to brainstorm 'another way' i.e. coping ways to help forget about the si feelings?

if you do, then you could start with 3, but if you *don't* then say. Maybe instead you might want to explore why the si feelings build up and think of other things to help lessen that happening.

what do you think?
Thank you for the positive suggestions

<u>3 Ways</u>
- Talk to someone: Sometimes possible online but then I'm reliant on certain people I trust being there and they have their own problems. Only possible irl with my therapist, every 2 or 3 weeks or with The Samaratines who I'm relucant to call as I struggle top explain how I feel how I do
- Write down feelings to get them out: Only helps so far and I often feel I have a lot to write about but then struggle when it comes to actually doing it.
- Distraction: Sometimes works but only for so long

Apologies for the negative answers. It just reflects how I'm feeling at the moment.

Tamrick
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Tamrick » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:01 pm

I see recovering from SI as a long process that gets better with time. At first those urges would consume me and I'd be SIing almost daily but then I learnt to fight the less severe urges or desires to SI and gradually the time between became longer and eventually I could fight stronger and stronger urges and then those stronger urges were not so strong.

You already have ideas of what to do and you are right they won't work everytime and you may need a different one each time, but the best thing to do is to keep trying - if each time you want to SI you try something new then even if you still SI, you have still made progress.

Hang in there and whatever you do don't give up.
Tamrick
“A Sunrise is God's way of saying, "Let's start again.”
― Todd Stocker

Bathelina
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by Bathelina » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:18 pm

I'm so sorry you feel like this... ou just have to be strong, and remember that SI is NOT the way out and is not an option.

Good luck!!
Lots of love,
Hannah :):):):)
<center>

the girl who blocked her own shot

I want to be better than oxygen.

</center>