recovery help

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

tequilasunrise
one of us
one of us

recovery help

Post by tequilasunrise » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:32 am

hey, my name's kate, i'm not new here, but i haven't posted since like april, but i'm back with a whole different purpose. i guess background would help..

i'm 16 years old, i've been cutting since i was 11. for the last 5 years it has been my "deep dark secret" until recentlly. i spent the last 3 some-odd weeks in vanderbuilt univ.'s adolecent psych ward for some intensive treatment. i came home yesterday and will keep going back for the day program for a while, but i decided i won't be able to do this on my own at home. at the hospital i had the support of other people, doctors, councilors, nurses, teachers, etc. but now i am home and i can just see it all falling apart really fast.

basically, im looking for some support, help, suggestions, anything really. because this time i'm trying to stop for real.

thanks for reading this

strmdncr
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by strmdncr » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:15 am

Kate,

I think that coming here to bus is a great step in terms of finding people who will offer support and suggestions, at least it's been such for me. With your family knowing about your having SI'd, do you think that the friends and family section of bus might be something that you could show to them? Just a thought anyhow. Take care
A friend is someone who believes in you even when you've ceased to believe in yourself. (unknown)

strmdncr's sanctuary
strmdncr speaks