how do you cope with major anxiety?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

angelic212
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

how do you cope with major anxiety?

Post by angelic212 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:55 pm

jus t want to know how do you cope with major anxiety im struggling so much with my anxiety right now cause im going on a trip tomorrow i will be gone for five days and its a spiritual retreat or something like that . i dont want to go and i need to take stuff to distract myself at the airport you arent allowed to smoke and i dont know how im going to cope with that please give me suggestions on how to cope with my anxiety and what things i could take on the trip on the plane

love always maria

splitimage
board admin
board admin

Post by splitimage » Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:45 pm

I find that when I'm really anxious about something physical activity helps - even if it's just walking or stretching.

For the airport and plane - I always carry books, or a journal to write in. music helps too - if you have a portable player. And I sometimes take a little furry stuffed toy with me, that I can squeeze discretely.

Good luck and I hope that you have a good trip.

--splitimage
"Don't go searching for a mermaid son, unless you know how to swim."

from The Mermaid - Great Big Sea

My blog is offline and has been down for a while due to a problem with the Isp and my web master. Working on rebuilding it.

jaded melody
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by jaded melody » Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:47 pm

I find that one of the best ways to cope is meditate.
Just close your eyes, breathe deeply, and focus on relaxing your body, and then just daydream of lovely things :) it might even make you fall asleep.

Hope it goes okay.
Melody xxx
"Between two worlds life hovers like a star,
twixt night and morn, upon the horizon's verge."
- Lord Byron

sassy koala
awe-inspiring
awe-inspiring

Post by sassy koala » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:17 pm

I've been having aloto f anxiety attacks in the last couple weeks, but once I realize what's going on I just have to focus on my breathing and try and slow it down.
thats all I can do.

Bathelina
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by Bathelina » Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:15 pm

What usually calms you down? Something like reading or listening to music. Those are two favourite things to do on a plane. Just chill out, sleep, listen to music, enjoy the rest.

I get anxiety a lot, and I just try to rest and not worry. It sounds wierd, and if you think of bad of me because of this then I don't care, but I just tell myself that things could be worse.

I hope you get over the anxiety and you have fun: remember, try to enjoy it, at least. If you just tell yourself it's going to be terrible and you'll hate it then, of course, you'll hate it. That happened to my sister and mum on our holiday and it was very annoying.

So have fun and I hope I helped!
Love from Hannah :):):)
<center>

the girl who blocked her own shot

I want to be better than oxygen.

</center>

DecemberLivy
just plain inspiring
just plain inspiring

i do too

Post by DecemberLivy » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:17 pm

i have anxiety attacks as well so i definatly feel for you, AND i hate flying so i have a rubish time at the airport.
i find that a cup of strong coffee always wakes me up and puts me on the alert (in a good way).
deep breaths are also effective, breath in to 10 and out to 12, works for me :D :D

good luck!!!

livy
<center>my walpole cafe

"My life's a mess"
"That's the way it's supposed to be" - soap -
</center>

I think I'll paint roads
on my front room walls
to convince myself
that I'm going places.