what would you do?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Boris
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

what would you do?

Post by Boris » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:09 am

i asked my friend what she'd do in my situation. what the actual situation is doesn't matter so much for this post, it's more her response:

I'd go swimming. I'd paint with my feet, and make a mess of my hair. I'd play the guitar badly, and belt out Chicago songs at the top of my lungs. I'd autidion for the school plays, and wear shoes that don't fit. I'd hike through bad woods trails, and write a letter of complant to Nike, accusing them of making ugly shoes with illegal labor. I'd grow a weeping willow in my backyard, and beat final fantasy 6. I'd hijack a motor boat and go to Ireland. I'd dance with a stranger on a subway car, and laugh loudly in the middle of a packed movie when it wasn't funny. I'd pretend to cast a hex on an enemy, and read comic books in public. I would wander around downtown with my parasol and renn fest gear, and lay outside in the driveway when it rained. But mostly, I wouldn't let it bother me.

so...what would you do?
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~ Dr. Seuss

...long enough without slips that I've lost track. We can all get there, one way or another!

My Blog

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:51 am

and laugh loudly in the middle of a packed movie when it wasn't funny
i like! i wanna try it

i don't like... the last bit. 'i wouldn't let it bother me'. if something bothers you then it bothers you... pet peeve i spose. i don't like things that sound like i'm being told i just shouldn't be upset
:grnstar:

Boris
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Post by Boris » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:14 pm

hmmm actually i quite liked the last bit...mostly because i was trying to decide whether i should be bothered by it or not...i wasn't at first but i felt like i should be...so i almost felt like i needed somebody to tell me that it was ok to NOT be tense and anxious about it...and also to give me stupid things to do to distract me.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~ Dr. Seuss

...long enough without slips that I've lost track. We can all get there, one way or another!

My Blog

Bathelina
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by Bathelina » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:32 am

Those are really good things! Doing random funny things really helps! I suggest you try them - I sure am going to!

Love, Hannah :)
<center>

the girl who blocked her own shot

I want to be better than oxygen.

</center>