How to cope with having no friends?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Lyndsie
bus conductor
bus conductor

Post by Lyndsie » Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:50 pm

I feel the same way sometimes! i'm sorry to say i never know how I make it by , it always different!
If you feel this way and need a friend,next time feel free to PM!

DJ_Princess
building community
building community

Post by DJ_Princess » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:58 pm

When i am alone i wish i was with ppl, when i am with ppl i wish i was alone, i guess you just deal with the situation when it is happenin and pleasure every moment u spend with precious ppl but appreciate the times wen u feel alone and are alone, sometimes it can be nice, depressin but nice!
:redstar: :star: :ylwstar: :grnstar: :bluestar: :purpstar: :pinkstar: :redstar: :star: :ylwstar: :grnstar: :bluestar: :purpstar: :pinkstar: :redstar: :star: :ylwstar: :grnstar: :bluestar: :purpstar: :pinkstar:

"Im About As Messed Up As The Person Who Messed Me Up Is,

The Only Diffrence Is The Only Person I Hurt Is Myself..."

:Fade-color :smilecolros: :rainbow1:

:1groupflip:

Time Doesn't Count In The Long Game There Playing With Me...

Diamond Dog
building community
building community

Post by Diamond Dog » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:53 am

limestone wrote:
Listener wrote:There's human contact here and people who care. What more could you need?
^^ someone real for a start! plus, I'm not being rude, but it's difficult to judge how sincere people are on the internet anyway. reading someones face can be a better indicator.
Sometimes, not all the time the internet makes me feel more lonely because I I am reminded of how I lack any real company. :-?
"I tried so hard to reach you
But you're falling anyway."

Meander
creating your space
creating your space

Post by Meander » Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:10 am

--
Last edited by Meander on Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silent_scream
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by silent_scream » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:43 am

I think friends are more important than family too,

I am learning to like my own company, because it seems I'm the only one around here right now that wants to be around me , and even I want to leave sometimes .... I amwaiting to move to America to marry my fiance: and it is a lonely time. I have pushed my friends away, and although I am getting on with my roomate, and he brings his friends around sometimes... lonliness is a bitch.
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose."

limestone
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by limestone » Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:03 pm

Meander wrote:This is what made everything worse. Not having a friend. I wanted a friend who would be there for me. Who would remember me, and actually care. Everything is too hard without a friend. A friend would have solved everything. Its as simple as that. And for me it helped to have an online buddy, but I also needed a physical being there that I could look into their eyes and be comforted. I've been in solitary confinement for too long by not having a friend. Can't do that anymore. too hard.

I think friends are more important than family. JMO.
I hear you, but friends usually don't care the way family do. For instance you can trust your family with stuff and say what you want, but with a friend the moment they don't like what you say they don't want to know - friends you have be careful what you say and do otherwise they walk. Family (on the whole) stay and don't walk. How many people have lost friends due to si and mh etc? It's not black and white, but siblings can be a god send when the going gets tough.