Hurting and Wanting to Cut

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Diamond Dog
building community
building community

Hurting and Wanting to Cut

Post by Diamond Dog » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:33 am

I was having an IM conversation with someone and he made some offhand remark about me being depressed as a way of "getting affection and attention" (not true btw on both counts, people treated me the opposite) and I mentioned that a mutual aquaintence of ours pretended to be depressed(seriously...) and everyone was so nice to her and he said, "X ulitmately gave alot back to people"

It really hurt was because the implication was that I don't and therefor somehow deserve to be treated badly.

Nobody has ever reacted well to my depression, I got insulted again and again and was repeatedly told to kill myself. :(
"I tried so hard to reach you
But you're falling anyway."

nisi
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by nisi » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:56 pm

Heya Anastasia....
Sorry to take so long to reply. I hope you're doing okay.

That sucks, what that person said. No-one who's depressed or sad or upset whether clinically or otherwise deserves to be treated badly. Nor should they be. I can understand why you would feel hurt by what that person said.

I personally think it reflects on the individuals how they react to a person who is suffering. The gems will reach out to the person, or reach out to someone else if they can't handle it, to try to help them. The others... need polishing :fairy:

You are not a bad person to have been and/or to be depressed. You do not and never have deserved to be treated so badly.

:1hug3: hugs if you want...
:1petals: a flower if you don't want hugs (if there's something better I can offer let me know)...

And feel free to pm/msg me if you ever need to... just wanna let you know there are people out there who care.

Gentleness and light,
Nisi.

JellyBrain
one of us
one of us

Post by JellyBrain » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:10 pm

IMO, that guy just sounds like a dick, if you ask me. How dare someone make judgements like that anyway? (apologies if you've known them a long time, but even so..).

I really wouldn't listen to what they're saying - if you'll excuse me saying so, they sound like they're full of S**T :evil:

Don't let it get to you x

JellyBean

Diamond Dog
building community
building community

Post by Diamond Dog » Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:27 am

Thanks guys. I didn't SI(yeah for small victories!)

nisi-I think that you are right about the "gems"
"I tried so hard to reach you
But you're falling anyway."