Paint a room

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

limestone
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Paint a room

Post by limestone » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:47 am

1) If you could paint the room you're in now to match how you're feeling or to what's going on in your life, what would it look like?

2) Change the image of the room to match how you *want* to be feeling that gives you the power to control what’s happening in your life today. What does it look like now?

3) Which feels more comfortable the first colour scheme or the second?

:uhhh:
Last edited by limestone on Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

badgirl22
driving instructor
driving instructor

question

Post by badgirl22 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:49 am

I think my room would be so messy with different colors it would look like I feel..a mess..oh well..good question.
-Badgirl22

Neko

Post by Neko » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:57 am

blue with long curtains over the windows

dubbers
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by dubbers » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:58 am

it would be white, but with big jagged stripes in all kinds of colours.... a stressy kind of room with unfinished bits everywhere
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life.. It goes on (Robert Frost)

Luftballoons
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Post by Luftballoons » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:11 am

Ooh, cool question.

I am feeling kind of blank at the moment, to be honest, so my ideal room would probably be one with a simplistic oriental theme.....white with nice accents in black, red, blue, green (simple colours), with some nice simple pictures on the wall of cats (look up Chen Dehong's cat paintings, stuff like that). Lots of pillows and things, some soft places. I'd love a black paper screen, you know what kind I mean?

I have different ideas for all different areas of the house, so I should probably stop there. But that's my feeling right now.....simple, clean colours and lines for a time in my life where I'm feeling a bit identity-less.
Last edited by Luftballoons on Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Soapster
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by Soapster » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:11 am

At this moment in time I'd paint it purple as per freudian psychology :p

*hides in a corner with a grin*

Andrew
I speak to you in riddles, because my words get in my way

- Staind

cariad
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by cariad » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:40 am

if i were to paint a room to match how im feeling now it would actually be how my bedroom is at the moment.
The walls are basically a collage of different images, paintings, photos that i like and/or mean somewthing to me. then i painted round them with 4 differnet colours of purple ...but i did it with tester pots so ive only painted n the gaps around the things stuchk to my walls.
thats how i feel...a confused muddle of different things/emotions stuck on a surface......very *different* and noticeable but also lonely and kinda delapidated.

if i were to paint a room how i would like to feel
it would be very neat with a few postors stuck to the walls. it ould always be tidy and there would be lots of candel. the walls would proberly be a dark colour though, night bu or darkk purple.

out of those too i think i do prefre the first one because its safe and *i* made it like it is.

sorry i think i went a bit too in depth and described the interior too. v good question though...its given me alot to think about.
:purpstar:

Hiddendepths
bus conductor
bus conductor

Post by Hiddendepths » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:12 pm

I have actaully painted my rooms to how i have been feeling.

my bedroom which is the most recent room ive moved into it drank grey and black with masses of black velvet. Althought it looks classy i wanted it to show darkness, gloomy.
My other room with it attached to my bedroom is a conservatory which is going to be masses of colour and brightness. there is going to be soo much light and fun stuff in this room. This is how i want to feel. Im a fun bubbly 16year old somwhere.
So i have 2 contrasting images of myself that i live in.
:-)

snowangel_03
my other car is a bus
my other car is a bus

Post by snowangel_03 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:32 pm

(1) I'd paint my pooter area black. Silly, I know, but I've got a big black heavy thundercloud over my head today. The alcove would be painted black with white celing and skirting. No other colour, no pictures/posters.

(2) I'd paint it purple, and have pictures and posters of my fave people/popstars etc, to brighten it all up.

(3) The second one - totally more what I want to feel.
> Give SnowAngel HUGS <
:tslug: Last SI: -- Image

> My Sigillum Diaboli - Read 1stPost <

KLove24's twin | Owns ultimate starshine | Haven's special RW buddy
Oftentimes all we need is a thought or a message to help us see another side to the problem,
or just some hope that life will be better - magicmum

Hugs & PM's are fine
The Truth that can set Souls Free is Buried within Sweet Pandemonium
To cry is to know that you're alive

limestone
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Re: Paint a room (added)

Post by limestone » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:18 pm

1) checkered boxes with green, brown and red on the walls in shapes: separate circle shapes to represent how my life is at the moment.

2) lots of green - the kind of green that takes your breath away mixed with tiny blue and purple swirls and peppered with yellow.

3) the second without a doubt.

tenar
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by tenar » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:42 am

those black and white lines that you can't focus on and seem to move. all around. no perspective,no up no down, just the lines.
We live in a beautiful world...
There’s nothing here to run from,
Cause everybody here’s got somebody to lean on
~Don't Panic, Coldplay
:1petals:
<a href="http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=112181">my new place

The Elephants
one of us
one of us

Post by The Elephants » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:34 am

For how I am feeling now, mad at the world, excited, ready to fight, so I'd paint the whole room hot pink, with huge spalshes of lime greens and yellows and bright colors everywhere, mix it all up with my hands, a big, busy, chaotic mess.

I would like it to be calm, and harmless. Light blue with no lights, just moonlight, and different shades of blue evenly blended in patches all around, even on the cieling.

Firinn Annam
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

room

Post by Firinn Annam » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:14 am

how i feel now would be exactly how my bedroom is...
I haven't finished the paint yet - i feel incomplete.
There is mess everywhere - i feel so confused and all over the place
The walls are white - nothing.
The unfinished is dark grey scurting (sp?)
I painted and messed it up myself - i am responsible for my life...

I want to feel relaxed, together and complete, so my wish room would be any room with finished painting and organised less clutter. With plants everywhere so i felt freeer and outside..
the second for sure
"Life is another day in life. Life is like a book. A book has 6 sides, inside and outside. So how do you get what's inside out?" - GIA

"I NEED TO KNOW HOW IT FEELS..." - One Perfect Day

Last SI'd 12.1.03

tenar
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by tenar » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:21 pm

i really like this thread. i think i'm better at interior design than feelings....

anyway

right now it would be one of those rooms you see in the ikea catalogue, all pale colours and neutral and beautiful, but somehwo not home.

if i could change it, it would be just as calm and tidy but with my stuff in it, with some bright colours and some wellread books on the shelves

i prefer the second room

xxx
Last edited by tenar on Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We live in a beautiful world...
There’s nothing here to run from,
Cause everybody here’s got somebody to lean on
~Don't Panic, Coldplay
:1petals:
<a href="http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=112181">my new place

Wall
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Wall » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:11 pm

1) A chaotic collage of obscenely bright neon colors. Varying shades of orange, yellow, blue, green, pink all swirled, splattered, blotted covers the floor, walls and ceiling

2) Polished wood floors, white ceiling, pale green walls with a wheat or ivy pattern for a border. In a few area people are painted on the walls, calmly talking, listening or embracing. They're holding cups of coffee or tea and are very serene.

3) Uh....number two.
Fearless warriors in a picket fence
Reckless abandon wrapped in common sense
Deep water faith in the shallow end
And we are caught in the middle

Somewhere in the Middle
Casting Crowns

XclippedXwingsX
bus addict
bus addict

Post by XclippedXwingsX » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:02 pm

1) If you could paint the room you're in now to match how you're feeling or to what's going on in your life, what would it look like?
Since I'm feeling angry and paranoid... I'd paint my room black with smears of red and white across the walls like scratches...
2) Change the image of the room to match how you *want* to be feeling that gives you the power to control what’s happening in your life today. What does it look like now?
I'd have navy blue colored walls bc the color blue makes me feel happy and calm... I'd have black see thru curtains around my window bc black just rules lol... and I'd have my artwork on display on my walls...
THe second one.

xXx Charm xXx
<center>
:star: No Flaws When You're Pretending :star:
:1cat: SHACA Member :1dog: Cody
*I Am A Jesus Freak*
Please do NOT hug me
I Have Recovered

Image</center>

Lyndsie
bus conductor
bus conductor

Post by Lyndsie » Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:30 pm

I think i'd make mine a mixture of both one and two. beacuse i want it to be how i'm feeling, and whats going on in my life, bit also want it to have a power of control.

It would be all differents paintings of mya rt. To express me. Also to give me control over the wall.

Thats what i'd do.

Boris
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Post by Boris » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:33 pm

1) it would be all messy, very cluttered and hard to get to anything. the walls would be painted black, but with multicoloured fireworks on them. every so often, though, there would be a large circle, the kind that starts off white on the edges but fades to black in the centre, and looks like it could almost suck you up.

2) it would be purple, blue, and green, very airy with lots of space and a fuzzy carpet, loads of sunlight and potted plants. everything would be in its place, very organized and tidy, but it would have various touches of me sprinkled about it, so that even though it would be clean, it would still look alive and still be mine.

3) definitely the second room...i'd love to have a room like the second room.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~ Dr. Seuss

...long enough without slips that I've lost track. We can all get there, one way or another!

My Blog

VowsOfSadness
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by VowsOfSadness » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:34 pm

Stipes, pink, blue, yellow, some spots of red, hearts and blood spills. I am pretty happy I am just waiting for things to come.

All white with happy colors something that makes me smile

um the first one more like somewhere inbetween
*Challenges welcome*
I always love a :lpurpstar:

I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized we're all in this together.

Drop by my place & say hi :)
Ask me anything!!!

I'm fully Recovered!

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:31 pm

1) Erm, it would be....Whit back ground with bright pink messy hearts, stars and flowers all over it. The ceiling would be like the sky here today - blue with a few clouds. However, it would be a bit of a different colour. Y'know when the sea reflects the sky colour, but its VERY slightly different. It would be like the sea colour of the sky colour today! lol, if that makes sense.
The floors would be painted wooden floorboards. They'd be painted to look like lots of little daisys. So I could imagine myself surrounded by beauty. Im feeling serene (thus the floor and cieling) But Im feeling happy, and in a loving mood - thus the walls.
However, Im also fairly mood swingy n grumpy somewhere in my body. So each of the clouyds would be slightly tinted purple. Black is too morbid, but purple is a bad mood I feel!

2) Erm, what I wish it was, erm, pretty much like that, but with no clouds in the sky. I wish I had a real field on the floor, but, Im not secure enough to be surrounded totally by totally beautiful, simple nature. Erm, the walls would be a back-ground of an apple green, because then Id be calm, as well as really happy (represented by the pink drawings that would still be there!)

3) Well, obviously I would prefer the 2nd one, but, tbh with u, Im perfectly happy with that 1st, current one as well